• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sound Problem.

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

Is anyone here familiar with "Sound Blaster X-fi Extreme Audio" sound cards.
I've got one, and as of yesterday the sound has turned to s**t for no apparent reason..
Everything sounds like it's under water.Despite trying to reset things to default or adjusting controls ,it does'nt get any better.
Any ideas are appreciated.

damski.

Hi,

Well..the sound has been working OK for the last couple of years,never altered the bios,but the electric cuts out every verse end over here,so maybe that could have loused up the bios somehow :shrug .I'll check that one out,thanks rupertlittlebear.

No...still no better....reinstall of sound card & drivers next I think :modding But first :beer

Not much left to go wrong with this damned machine.

:cheers
damski.

Damski, if your onboard sound was active, windows my have installed the drivers for it at some point, it's a good idea to remove those drivers as well as disabling the onboard sound. Another thing you might try is resetting the card in it's PCI slot, sometimes cards can work loose over time. It's also always a good idea to install the latest drivers as well, you can download them HERE!

It's also possible it may be your speakers, it might be a good idea to test those with your onboard sound and make sure they are working properly. Without actually being able to hear what it's doing myself, I am just guessing. :shrug

Cheers Thagarr,

I'll try what you've said :onya

The sound is completely....shafted....for want of a better word :shrug
I'll try different headphones..if that's not the problem I'll refit\reinstall from scratch.
If that does'nt work I'll get on with more modeling & animation work...do'nt need sound for that xD:

Thanks,
damski.

Back