• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spanish fast galleon masts

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I can't seem to post screenies in the bug tracker, so it will be posted here. The problem is obvious. This affects all masts.

I'm trying to recognize that ship, but I'm not sure which it is at this time.
It seems there's no Spanish Fast Galleon listed in my common.ini . :facepalm

That seems to be FastGalleon1, same as FastGalleon2 and PiratFastGal. And it also looks like the mast locators are off slightly.
I'm pretty sure you could handle that one yourself, miklkit. Simple number adjustments in TOOL to put the locators exactly right are all it takes. :onya
Just shift the x and z coordinates around a bit, and that should set it right.

TOOL? I tried it a while back, but couldn't get it to work. Will try again. It was fastgaleon1.

Discovered last nite that the Carrack (caravol1) has the same problem.

TOOL should work. It's temperamental, but it should work. It doesn't like being minimised, I know that. :facepalm
If you run into any problems with it again, let us know. :mm

That second example on Caravol1 is more noticeable, and again just needs slight adjustment. :yes

I'm thinking this probably happened when we added the cabin-ed versions of the ships.
It seems the ships miklkit is reporting are the same ones that had cabins added.

Some, but not all of those ships are ok. The barque longue and frigate6 are ok. Methinks the light fleut is ok.

TOOL has errors galore. Here is what happens when I try to look at locators.

Err no. I clicked on "locators" in between "game" and "scene".

I found "view" -> "locators" and got a chart. Nothing changed onscreen tho, so I don't know where they are located. I've seen similar charts before when working with GMViewer. Will look more.

Ah, the 'locators' tab is related to writing them to a text file, and then telling a model to read from a file you've written locators to. So you don't need that for this purpose. :no
True, the display in TOOL doesn't show the locators on the model, but GM Viewer does, when you tick 'show locators' and 'show labels' in the bottom left corner.
Using both programs, you can see the effects of the changes straight away. :onya

Yes, I'm starting to remember how to do this.
In fastgalleon1, mast3 locator is way off. For the others it looks like they might be the wrong masts. :?
There is something else going on with caravol1. The locators seem ok, but the caravol1.gm appears to be twisted. The x axis of the locators is zero, but the masts, especially mast4 are not centered. :blink:

AARRGGHH!! Thought I'd tinker with fastgalleon1, mast3 locator. TOOL says "model could not be read." :rumgone

:facepalm Well, I'll have a go and see if I have any more luck with them.

EDIT: Nope. No way. Not happening. TOOL says "Model could not be read", just like before. That's for all fast galleon variants.
I can't think of any other way of fixing this, now. :modding

It has been some time now, and these two ships are still messed up. Neither Experienced Captain or I can fix these. Should the old models be re-installed? Can someone else fix them? I personally like both ships quite a bit, but am willing to lose the cabins in order to get decent masts. :rumgone

This problem does my head in. :modding
What I'd really like to know is what causes these TOOL "model could not be read" errors, and how to fix them.
That's the pain stopping us from fixing it- without using Maya, that is.

I would move the locators using Maya, BUT I still can't successfully re-export a GM model file. :modding
I can export a GM to OBJ format using GM Viewer, and import to a Maya modelling file, but after that it's no good; I can't get it back to GM.
But I can export the sample files provided with the plug-ins, though. Weird. :wacko:

Damn, it had been a long time since I last used the :modding emoticon, before I replied here!

I feel your pain. :modding :modding :modding

I'm in the process of finding the old models of these ships and installing them. :rumgone

Would it be a good idea to post this in the modeling forum? :j3

I think so. We might get some help on this TOOL issue too, if we're lucky. :yes

I spent last night working on the Carrack. A lot of good work had been done to it by Seb, but it just wasn't finished. The hull had the reverse lighting bug fixed, but the masts were not fixed. The ropes were all crossed and the sails were twisted as a result. All that is needed now is for the masts to be fixed and maybe the cannon ports upgraded. And it has a cabin with a desk, chair, and bed!

The last thing I did last night was capture a fast galleon and will be looking into it today.

Back