• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Special Cuirass?

bobboberts

Landlubber
I finished the 3rd mission for the English Governor and met Morris Williams the captain. In the walkthrough it says he gives you a hint to go find a special Cuirass on a certain northern coast, which you will fight many skeletons.
I went to the coast, went inland one section but it won't allow me to go farther...its blocked by some invisible barrier? I can't go down any of the paths that lead away? Is there something that is supposed to trigger opening up
one of the paths or something? I looked thru the forums but it didn't provide any other information so I'm coming here.

Thanks.

No idea, mate. When I played that mission, I got jumped by a bunch of skeletons right on the beach and one of them had the cuirass. Did Williams tell you about it, or did you take a different path through the quest? Maybe they don't appear unless Williams tells you about them.

I'm not sure what he told me. I know in the walkthru it says he tells you but it doesn't get noted in the log. I went to talk to him and he says nothing everytime?

If you really want a cuirass, mod the file that controls the dev console and give yourself one.

If'n yer on de right beach, stay on de beach, fight de skellies, an' loot dem to git de cuirass! :onya
De right beach be as far up de West Main as ye kin go an' be named sumptin' like Cape o' Death or Bay o' the Dead or some udder morbid title! :facepalm

If you really want a cuirass, mod the file that controls the dev console and give yourself one.

And why play a game if you "mod" yourself to victory?

If it's to correct what might be a bug, why not? In the Spanish quest line your supposed to get a cuirass from a priest after completing a mission. I never got it despite loading and reloading a save point I had prior to completeing the mission. So I went into the console and tried to give myself the cuirass that I was being denied....it didn't work but thats another story which I can't figure out.

In this occasion I want to ask you guys about the best cuirass in the caribbean. Is it the "Expensive cuirass" which I have from COAS? Or is it the one that is mentioned about in this topic? :rolleyes:

It be de Black an' Gold one, de same as from de CoAS quest! :cheeky
Kep it an' give to an officer! :onya

It must be a bug, because I went back to Morris williams at the tavern and he doesn't say anything, thanks alot and for giving the guy 140,000!

It must be a bug, because I went back to Morris williams at the tavern and he doesn't say anything, thanks alot and for giving the guy 140,000!
Did you give him your own money or did you pursue the Spanish ship that took his cargo? To be told about the cuirass you have to pursue the ship, giving him your own money doesn't get you the information about the cuirass (and the skeletons presumably don't appear, since then it makes no sense for them to be there).

Speaking of cuirass's, the Itemsdescribe file has five curiass's, yet AFAIK, there seems to be only four in the game.

According to the file there should be a regular, French, Spanish, Dutch and Expensive curiass.

I guess I need to level up higher before I see the Dutch and expenssive curiass.
The expensive cuirass can only be obtained in the COAS and this quest, AFAIK. The others can be bought from street vendors once you're a high enough level.

hi when i speak to williams he told me where i could find the curiass i went there was jumpt by a lot of skellies i lot them but i don't get that curiass i have had it before when i mod but after i intall the mod that Jonathan A made and others "thanks for it it's great :drunk " sisn that i can't even get that way så what can i do to fix this i don't wont to remove the mod from JA

So that makes three, then? What quest is that? Pirate quest line?

No this is stand-alone quest which starts when you talk to any pirate governor. It is a little bit silly - you say "Good day" (or such) but the governor answers about Sharpe - although you never heard about Sharpe and never asked about him. This triggers the quest - it can be taken from the pearl divers officers (anyone of them). Also you can catch Sharpe and get a tip about the pearl divers once per month (for money). Obviosuly when you finish the pearl divers quest Sharpe will not be able to give you tips anymore.
AND according to the russians there is an exploit to get Sharpe as a quest officer too.

Back