• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stability

badgerjack

Buccaneer
So in general terms, just how stable is the current version of the mod? In what places are there specific problems?
I usually only stumble across problems if i'm doing something obviously out of expected bounds of the game (side-sliding through scenery, entering port at x30 speed, etc), so I usually don't pay attention to it. That's me throwing things at the system to see what it can handle, after all.
But a few minutes ago I got a good old fashioned crash-to-desktop when attacking someone during a boarding. I don't recall ever being boarded rather than doing the boarding, so possibly related to that, or the size of the battle at a guess.
I'm not so concerned about what happened because I save often, but I do wonder if there are any specific points i should be looking out for, or maybe even that I could try to patch myself (i'm only an amateur coder but i'd be happy to help out).

Should be quite stable (I've been away from the community for awhile) but every version is generally more stable than the last... If you keep getting CTD in specific areas turning on error logging (look at the FAQ linked in my signature) and post the contents here will help us see what the problem may be.

EDIT: Note it is General Build Mod: Point 5 you are looking for ;)

Aye, I will if it pops up. I tried a similar boarding but didn't have a problem. Then received another CTD whilst chatting to some smugglers. Two in one night seems like a bad omen, so I think i'll try restarting the computer before continuing :p

I am quite impressed with the stability of the mod in general though, i'd like to add. Even much smaller mods usually come with a ton of issues. It just seems to be problematic tonight.

Generally it should be more stable than it was, say, a year ago. I don't usually play myself though, so can't really comment very much.
I did do some playing with my li'l brother last Sunday and did get a CTD when going to the first to the second boarding deck after being boarded myself by the other ship.
So apparently it does happen, but I think it should mainly be random. Just be sure to save often. And let us know if the CTDs always occur after the same thing happened.

Generally it should be more stable than it was, say, a year ago. I don't usually play myself though, so can't really comment very much.
I did do some playing with my li'l brother last Sunday and did get a CTD when going to the first to the second boarding deck after being boarded myself by the other ship.
So apparently it does happen, but I think it should mainly be random. Just be sure to save often. And let us know if the CTDs always occur after the same thing happened.

Everything is so much improved since i last played, few years ago :l,
Have only experienced the bug with changing control's While in game,
and not really sure if its a bug, but when i create a new game for Assassin. it load's can hear sounds but only get a black screen, i can place screenshots or what not, i have fixed that though, by changing the starting model, i think my model had become corrupted or something,
And when i start a new game, on most story's takes forever to leave port due to the wind never being on my side. :facepalm

other than that the game is quite stable in my opinion,

Only thing that's super bad is the Intel Graphic's Problem, but that has also been solved. :)

I'm a long time player of Bethesda games, so I know the importance of saving constantly before running across a major glitch ;)

Have only experienced the bug with changing control's While in game,
You mean the Options menu locking you out of the game? Yeah, that is an unfortunate one. :(

and not really sure if its a bug, but when i create a new game for Assassin. it load's can hear sounds but only get a black screen, i can place screenshots or what not, i have fixed that though, by changing the starting model, i think my model had become corrupted or something,
That is on a clean installation? Very strange. I use the Assassin storyline for testing all the time.
And when i start a new game, on most story's takes forever to leave port due to the wind never being on my side. :facepalm
That's just bad luck. You could switch to Arcade Game Mode though.

The Storm engine has memory leaks so if one plays it for too many hours it WILL crash. Take a short break every once in a while and restart POTC.

I rarely will get a random ctd for no known reason. Other than that I sometimes get a ctd during a boarding in a large battle (20 big ships) or more often when trying to leave after a battle with boardings. If you can, save before boarding.

how in the heck, do i pay my crew's fee's, they dont like me very much, (POTC)
You mean HOW to pay salary? They ask about it every month and if you've got the money, you can just pay them then.
If you're not near the end of the month, you can raise morale by going to F2>Ship and clicking the "Crew" icon.

The time is a bit random. They usually ask for their money when you leave a port or while sailing on the world map.

im usually always in port around the end of month and all of a sudden i only get mutiny screen, with only the option to say somthing like you are not taking my ship. and then i have to kill the attackers,

im usually always in port around the end of month and all of a sudden i only get mutiny screen, with only the option to say somthing like you are not taking my ship. and then i have to kill the attackers,
How long had you been playing that storyline? Any idea why their morale may have been dropping?

Can you ZIP up your savegame and post it here? I'd like to have a look myself.
You say the mutinies occur all the time now?

Back