• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help stacking skills

eloy2030

Landlubber
does any one knows what happens when you have the same skill as one of your officers? do they stack? or am i supposed to choose diferent ones... becouse the officers end up having all of them, so... i dont see the point.

thanks!

The higher number prevails. If say your bosun has a grappling skill of 39 and yours is 40, the game will use yours when closing to board. It doesn't stack them. This is interesting when you are trying to manage characters and is part of the appeal in COAS crew management system.

Most characters are good at two things at least. So maybe I make the bosun my doctor because he has 29 in defense and I have only 21. Usually the skills are paired so that the carpenter is often a good doctor and vice versa.

I always select jack of all trades as the perk for an officer who has several strong skills when a perk becomes available for him because then he can do both jobs for you. I do this with fighters as well that might have a good skill in something else.

MK

yeah, I noticed that, but sorry, I was asking about the perks... my bad. like basic comerce...

thanks anyway!

The simple answer is NO regarding whether you "need it to" to get it to work.
Confirming this with GOF and Eras, if your gunner for example has God of Death ability, you have this ability as long as the individual is actually occupying the gunner officer posting.
There is a way to confirm this on your skills section. If you have the ability from another officer, the skills will be highlighted in text but not the box itself.
Special abilities for ships such as quick reloading will also be available on the ship you control.
In the long run its best to upgrade all abilities because eventually you may use the same officer to command his own ship.
Just keep his loyalty up or you will be in for a big surprise!

Last edited:
Back