• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Standard Storyline: Considered a Pirate for Playing Main Quest without LoM

I also agree that Blaze/ Hawk should loose his LoM when in Silehard's bedroom with Danielle.
This will force you to land at Grey Rock Bay and enter Greenford by land and then have to sail to the Athena to get the Idol (otherwise you would be sunk by Greenford fort). So deactivating directsail as in the Governor's ship hunt quests will be necessary.

This might need watching - :yes - after the scene in Silehard's bedroom - when you sail to Bridgetown and then attack the frigate sailing out of Bridgetown with the idol on it.

The last time I played this ( 22 Aug version) - I tried landing at the lighthouse - went to Bridgetown talked to everyone etc - when told about the frigate I went back to the lighthouse and the game said my ship was not there - The game would only let me sail after the Frigate with the idol on it from Bridgetown Port.

:shrug

If your ship does indeed teleport, there is probably some code responsible for that which should be removed.
If you happen to have a save just prior, please post it. :doff

Here are 3 Saves ( 23 Aug ) game version

1 --- In Silehards Bedroom - after he has just left & player Fights soldiers

2 --- In Jamaica waters about to sail to Barbados

3 -- Arrival in Barbados Waters

:doff

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica. Redmond Townhall. Silehards's Bedroom July 8th, 1751.7z
    607.5 KB · Views: 61
  • -=Player=- Open Sea July 8th, 1751.7z
    599.1 KB · Views: 54
  • -=Player=- Open Sea July 21st, 1751.7z
    599.3 KB · Views: 60
Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to put those to good use one of these days. :doff

@ANSEL: You now played through the entire Standard Storyline in pretty much the most recent WIP version, right?
Did you have any concerns with nation relations from playing the storyline?

As a reminder, the following things were done:
- You get a LoM when you join Silehard so that you CAN legally attack the enemies of England (read: France)
- When you have a falling out with Silehard, you should lose your LoM and England turns hostile
- You should NOT get any adverse effects from attacking English quest ships after that point (though will for non-quest ones)
- After completing the story, Governor Brin should restore your relations with England once more
You may even get your old rank back; I'm not sure if that would work.

So I'll be quite curious to hear if the above changes indeed had the desired effect. :doff

Yes to all except for the last one, I dont get my old rank back.
Do you happen to have a save just prior to talking to Brin?
I'd like to see if I can convince him to DO give your old rank back. It should be possible....

Back