• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Standard Storyline: Danielle Missing at San Juan Tavern

Johivas

Powder Monkey
After the storm, when I lost everything, I am to meet Danielle in san-Juan. I got the pirate ship, and I dock at San-Juan the city port where my officers are waiting. After some talking with them, I pop-up in the tavern, alone, and stuck there. I can't do anything.

If I reach San-Juan by the jungle instead of the port, upon entering the city, if I want to quick travel to the tavern, I get teleported to the area where the tavern is and I get an error message saying "Quest name_to_muelle complete not found in any function", if I quick travel to the tavern again, from my new position, i get in the tavern and I meet Danielle, go to the room with her, get my quest book updated, get to port, talk again to her, and if I look in my inventory, I see I got everything back, my ships, items and officers. So i can now continue the main quest...(no error log anywhere btw)

Oh, and the quest book says I'm to go to Aurentis, but there is no place with such a name anywhere.

Last edited:
After the storm, when I lost everything, I am to meet Danielle in san-Juan. I got the pirate ship, and I dock at San-Juan the city port where my officers are waiting. After some talking with them, I pop-up in the tavern, alone, and stuck there. I can't do anything.

If I reach San-Juan by the jungle instead of the port, upon entering the city, if I want to quick travel to the tavern, I get teleported to the area where the tavern is and I get an error message saying "Quest name_to_muelle complete not found in any function", if I quick travel to the tavern again, from my new position, i get in the tavern and I meet Danielle, go to the room with her, get my quest book updated, get to port, talk again to her, and if I look in my inventory, I see I got everything back, my ships, items and officers. So i can now continue the main quest...(no error log anywhere btw)

Oh, and the quest book says I'm to go to Aurentis, but there is no place with such a name anywhere.

Aurentis is the name of the researcher that you rescued earlier - full name Clement Aurentis who lives in the Lighthouse on Barbados.

After your crew talk to you on the jetty - transported to tavern where your crew talk to you more then there should be a brief pause and Danielle should appear and talk to you:- :yes

Frow the walkthrough on the Wiki here:- http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/tales-of-a-sea-hawk-main-quest/#find-danielle

Code:
Meet Danielle on San Juan(top)
Sail to San Juan, Puerto Rico - On Jetty (Kill Sidonio Ogarrio automatically closed)

Members of your crew automatically walk up and talk to you – Quest book updated

Transported to tavern – more talk – Danielle arrives and talks to you – leaves – transported to tavern room - Danielle talks to you again – Automatic walk out of room – Transported to jetty – Danielle talks to you. - Go to ship

Sail to Lighthouse Bay, Barbados

If you travel through the jungle to San Juan then you should go to the Port first ( not the tavern ) because your crew are waiting in the Port. :yes

:doff

@Johivas which version of the game?
Do you have a savegame prior to the error which is given?

Aurentis is the name of the researcher that you rescued earlier - full name Clement Aurentis who lives in the Lighthouse on Barbados.

After your crew talk to you on the jetty - transported to tavern where your crew talk to you more then there should be a brief pause and Danielle should appear and talk to you:- :yes

Frow the walkthrough on the Wiki here:- http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/tales-of-a-sea-hawk-main-quest/#find-danielle

Code:
Meet Danielle on San Juan(top)
Sail to San Juan, Puerto Rico - On Jetty (Kill Sidonio Ogarrio automatically closed)

Members of your crew automatically walk up and talk to you – Quest book updated

Transported to tavern – more talk – Danielle arrives and talks to you – leaves – transported to tavern room - Danielle talks to you again – Automatic walk out of room – Transported to jetty – Danielle talks to you. - Go to ship

Sail to Lighthouse Bay, Barbados

If you travel through the jungle to San Juan then you should go to the Port first ( not the tavern ) because your crew are waiting in the Port. :yes

:doff
Thanks, but i did exactly that and i ended-up alone in the tavern, with nobody to talk to, and nobody coming to me, i was stuck at the table alone, that's why i tried through the jungle. I will reload and wait at the table for an hour.

Well, time is stuck at 11:24, my character just sits there gesticulating alone.

I should add that things don't always happen like in the walkthrough. As an example, after taking Bridgetown, i had to talk to the last english guy standing to continue the quest (not mentionned), then I was teleported in front of the prison where Danielle talked to me, and then Aurentis came running and talked to me too (not like in the walkthrough, i never had to enter the prison), then I was immediately teleported to the lighthouse, where again the discussion continued with both Aurentis and Danielle (not like in the walkthrough). Aurentus told me he'd come with me after a few days, then I was teleported back to bridgetown, where I had to sleep in the tavern for Danielle to appear (she wouldn't otherwise, and it's not like in the walkthrough...) ;)

Last edited:
Please post .log files from the error and a savegame from just before so we can try to replicate it.

I think the Bridgetown assault in the walk through was from before the scene was fixed to work properly again.

Please post .log files from the error and a savegame from just before so we can try to replicate it.

I think the Bridgetown assault in the walk through was from before the scene was fixed to work properly again.
Sorry for the saves, I delete them too fast.

Deleting saves is fine. But do post the ones where an error occurs. We need all the details we can get a save contains the most details of all.

Standard storyline :" Meet Danielle on San Juan". Danielle does not turn up at the Tavern after talking with the crew. PS. ERROR - Quest name to_muelle_complete NOT found in ANY function

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea September 18th, 1751.zip
    918.8 KB · Views: 95
  • error.log
    68 bytes · Views: 104
  • compile.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 87
  • system.log
    645 bytes · Views: 119
Last edited:
Seen this error before. But I believe it was fixed.
Which version are you curently on?

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\interface.c; line: 1558
no memory
Whatever is THAT???

Also @ANSEL: Are you sure those log files are related to this problem? Your post mentions an on-screen error, but I should see that in compile.log as well.
It doesn't seem to be there though. :confused:

Quick look through the Standard quests_reaction.c file indicates that indeed the "to_muelle_complete" quest case isn't there.
But I'd need a complete compile.log file to hopefully indicate why that was called in the first place. :facepalm

I'm looking into that error message @Pieter Boelen it's probably the reason of some random crashes. It's an engine call which errors so dont think we can do much.

I tried it once again, and this is the messages I got. I posted a picture showing
the moment it goes wrong, no Danielle and you cant move anymore. This single
savegame is all I have left, since I was doing a clean install. This try is after the
new install. Also after the fight in Brightown jail, reinforcement was send by
the commander? Worst one of the soldiers are now sitting in your rowboat and
you have to use shotgunmode to kill him. seadogs2_0000.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 88
  • error.log
    482 bytes · Views: 102
  • system.log
    5.8 KB · Views: 100
No log message about a missing quest case here, but there IS this:
Code:
CreateCharacter -> character Enc_Officer_6 can invalide model() or animation(man)
CreateCharacter -> character Enc_Officer_8 can invalide model() or animation(man)
Quest name Story_AppearedinMuelleTavernwithOfficers FOUND in QuestComplete
Quest name Story_OfficersStartTalkInMuelleTavern FOUND in QuestComplete
Template dialog: can't start dialog, DialogMain return false!
Can you check your F2>Passengers menu to see if your officers are all still there without crazy errors?

Also after the fight in Brightown jail, reinforcement was send by the commander?
Agh, those are quest guards in a TOWN location, aren't they? Probably one of possibly a few cases that are still slipping through my prevention. :modding

After I was wash up on Bonaire beach, the passengers menu is empty.

After I was wash up on Bonaire beach, the passengers menu is empty.
I think that part is intentional, except your passengers should be restored to you at that point.
Possibly that is going wrong because of the ClearCharacter changes. :facepalm

You don't have a save from prior to washing ashore, do you?

Unfortunately I dont. All i have is from this point: " Meet Danielle on San Juan".

Will need to be tested when I find the time; if it is what I fear, it would be a nasty one.... :oops:

Is there any reason to do the storyline all over again, from the start?

Is there any reason to do the storyline all over again, from the start?
At the moment, not really. I'd first need to figure out what is wrong and then that particular scene needs to be tested.
But I suppose I need to do that as well and I'll just console it.... :wp

Back