• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Standard Storyline: Governor Silehard Does Not Allow Promotions

I played "Tales of a Sea Hawk" as far as the first meeting with Silehard. Conclusions so far:
  1. There are no typos which cause Silehard's dialog to fail outright.
  2. Both quest dialog and governor dialog appear. You can buy a LoM (unless you did the quest stuff first and got it for free) and be told about hostile ships and smugglers; and you can be commandeered, given a LoM and told to go and check Speightstown.
  3. There was one typo in "Robert Christopher Silehard_dialog.h", now corrected. Silehard will no longer mis-spell the name of his favourite captain as "Tomilson". xD
Volunteers needed to play through the whole quest in detail, at least up to the point where you and Danielle confront Silehard in his bedroom so you can confirm that he doesn't say governor stuff at that point.

Attachments

• Robert Christopher Silehard_dialog.h
    28.7 KB · Views: 59
Silehard is corrupt, and I think we should have such a bastard in the game.
He is, but the plot doesn't let you know that until Danielle reveals that he hired assassins to kill Rheims to prevent him getting to the treasure before Silehard. At that point you realise how rotten Silehard is, give up working for him and go looking for Danielle to make amends to her. This makes less sense if you know he's corrupt from the start and work for him anyway.

Anyway, the point of this exercise isn't to change Silehard, it's to put him back the way he was by restoring functionality that was always there before the general change to how governors work. ;)

Thanks @Grey Roger!
I have moved this to the Bug Tracker so I'll remember to add it into the game some time soon(ish). :doff

Back