• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Start as swordmaster - an unretrievable "letter" item in starting tutorial chest.

Heronyme

Landlubber
Hello, I'm new to this game, but this looks like a bug to me:

Version: Build 14 Beta 4, WIP 7 Sep 2015

When I start a new game as Sword Master, with all default settings, except Weapon Qualities turned OFF, then in the ships chest in the tutorial there is a paper/letter item with no description that can't be picked up (and tutorial cant be completed, without skipping the first part, as you are told to get all items from chest). When all other items are picked up, the description of this "letter" turns to "error".

Otherwise looks like a very cool mod/game!

You are absolutely right! All the code was written assuming the Weaponsmod is always ON, which of course it doesn't have to be. :facepalm
Extract attached file to PROGRAM\Characters ; that should correct this.

It actually applied to several other player types too, so I fixed those too.
Thanks very much for catching this one! :cheers

Attachments

• characters_init.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi everyone,

I am completly new here and and want to thank you for your amazing work you did (and still do)

I'm having the same problem as described above. Starting as a Marine , the chest in the tutorial contains an error letter. but i'm using the build14beta3 version. is there a fixed init file for this version as well?

i wanted to download the b14_beta4_full.cab file but dl-speed is so slow it would take almost a day, is that normal or do you have other links?

Back