• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Startup.exe crash

WolfDrache

Landlubber
I get the same thing and there is no Patches by the designer or by Playlogic for this damn game!!! I also have reinstalled it about 1000000 times and made sure everything is up to date on drivers. I had this game since it came out and i thought they would have a damn patch by now. Those damn Russians!!! They should have done some more test on this game before releasing it Buggy as hell!!! Also all the websites i go to do not have a freaking tech support the damn game so we can't get it fix!!!!! Ok i found the Tage Drivers and install them but still no go when in hell are they going to get a damn patch for this crap!!!!!!!! It has been months now and they still do not have a patch out for it. I also look in my manuel it stats to go to Playlogic for support and when i go there is no tech support at all what the hell is up with Playlogic anyways!! I have there other games and never had this much problem with a game i guess i am not going to buy anything from them from now on!! I also wrote a letter to them to get my money back and they can have there crappy game back, but i get no reply from them either!!!!

I was wondering is it because the some of the game is in Russian instead of English and the game is having hard time to translate it? Because i look at my files and half of it is in russian language not English!!

Ahoy WolfDrache, exactly what kind of problems are you having? If you want our help, you will need to be a bit more specific than just "Startup.exe crash". What kind of errors exactly is it giving you? Also, if you could provide us with a debug log file, that would go a long way toward us helping you track it down! What are your system specs? Operating system? CPU? Video card? Memory? DirectX Version?

Also just to be clear, the Russians did patch the game before it was translated to English, if your game is showing anything other than version 1.3 then it is not the version that was released in the US. This game was released well over two years ago in Russia, and they did fix almost all of the game killing bugs.

Well is my info on this attachment and no i don't get an error just a Debugger comes up and stats that it is Startup.exe was terminated do to unforseen problems. I beat all the requirements and i have the latest drivers I can play Fallout 3 with no problems!!! I also can any games at all except for this game!!
and when i go to the debugger info about it there is nothing there. I even put my setting to low and still will not run. I get the Storm Engine come up then it does it thing then it goes to black screen then i hear the noise and see a skull rotating in right hand corner and then it goes to the debugger all the time that is it. I went to the forums on here and on playlogic,Seaward,Akella, Gamespot, and google it but nothing helps it is like the game was not put together right in the first place i even sent emails to playlogic and they will not help me. I made sure that all the drivers where up to date also i have uninstall and reinstall the game so many times my fingers and eyes are bleeding :). Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs) 64bit. Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435), 4GB DDR2 800MHZ Ram, Saphire Radeon X1650Pro HD 1Gb graphics card, 250GB HDD. Abit AB9Pro Motherboard, and DirectX 9.0c. Windows Media 11 installed. I am a PC Tech and i tryed everything i could think of to get this game going.

Thanks for the system specs, you should have no problems loading the game at all. From the way your describing it, it sounds like the Storm engine is loading just fine and the problem starts as it begins to play the intro videos. The first sound you should hear is the start of the Playlogic vid, that should start to come up just after you see the skull. Does the noise you are hearing sound like the beginning of a sound? Or does it just sound like white noise? There have been issues with Video and Audio codecs, namely ffdshow seems to be the main culprit. If you have that codec installed on your system, I would recommend you either uninstall or disable it and see if that helps at all. It could also be a different one, Badly written codecs can play havoc with even the best systems, they can be a real pain to track down! There is a program that will let you disable and re-enable your codecs without uninstalling or re-installing them, it makes the tracking down process a LOT easier. It's called InstalledCodec, it's a free program written by NirSoft. You can download it here :

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed_codec.html

Start with ffdshow, if it still doesn't work or act differently when it starts, try disabling a few more. If you have any codec packs installed, you might try just uninstalling the whole pack.

Sorry no Codecs installed at all on my computer. I also do not have that ffdshow istalled either that is a nvidia codec i have ATI.

Your welcome WolfDrache! Glad ya got it working mate! You can go back and re-enable your codecs one at a time and track down the culprit that way, that little program is really a life saver! Please post the codec that was effecting you if ya get it tracked down. Most game company's do a piss poor job of supporting there games, there are a few exceptions, but Playlogic isn't one of those! That's why PA was started in the first place, our loyalties don't lie with a multimillion dollar corporation or whoever is currently paying for the server add space! We are here to help out fellow gamers and to try and fix things that the developers wont.

The beginning of this game is very tough, especially if you are playing as Peter Blood! Don't let that discourage you! This game is well worth playing, you will find more depth here than you will most other PC games! There are flaws in the game still, and we have a group of hard core modders who will eventually get around to fixing as many issues as we can. Have fun looting the Caribbean mate!

Back