• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

stealth level

leongt

Master Mariner
What stealth level do you have to be before you can sneak into an enemy town unnoticed, mine it at 52% +10 Also how can you increase your stealth level

<!--quoteo(post=329227:date=Jun 15 2009, 08:40 PM:name=leongt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leongt @ Jun 15 2009, 08:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329227"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What stealth level do you have to be before you can sneak into an enemy town unnoticed, mine it at 52% +10 Also how can you increase your stealth level<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Something about 70. Smuggling is the best choice for increasing your stealth skill i think.

<!--quoteo(post=329227:date=Jun 15 2009, 08:40 PM:name=leongt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leongt @ Jun 15 2009, 08:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329227"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What stealth level do you have to be before you can sneak into an enemy town unnoticed, mine it at 52% +10 Also how can you increase your stealth level<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am guessing that the 52 skill really is 52% as you suggest. It seems that corresponds to the percentage of time I have to reload until I am not noticed. So if you want to always get in there unnoticed, then you would need 100 skill. Now strangly, the best way to increase skill is to get noticed, so reloading alot actually hurts me in the long run. Each time a guard or fort catches me, I see about a +1 increase in skill.

There might be a bonus for waiting for night to enter port as far as being noticed. It certainly does help at night for the dock and gate guards to not be at their post.

The percentage is your progress towards the next skill increase (which of course makes the "next level" item in the sheet useless for anything other than perks and overall level).

So if I was to get some more of those little figures that would help to boost it, I only have 1 and thats what the +10 is on top of the 52% giveing me a total of 62%

No, it's on top of the bigger number there. The percentage has <i>nothing</i> to do with how effective a skill is. And yeah, trinkets are the best way to boost your sneaking skill.

Back