• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Steampunk Laptop

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I ran across the original build of this laptop a couple of years ago, I am not much into Steampunk, but this laptop mod was simply amazing! I have never really done any extensive modding to my rig, but I have done a bit of minor tweaking here and there and watched a lot of Youtube videos. I have never seen anything that comes close to this! The guy that created it is now taking pre-orders for state of the art laptops built in a similar, but better and more portable style. Unfortunately, this will of course be ridiculously expensive, but it is still friggen cool!

datamancerlaptopclosed.jpg

datamancerlaptopopen.jpg

datamancerlaptopkeys.jpg

You can find out more and see some more pics and some of his other creations over at datamancer.net

Just how much it weights? I had 17" laptop, that weighted like 4,5 kg or ~10 lbs, and that was like an anchor to drag along
laugh.gif
magnify the feet

there are wheels down there

not to mention room for the fork lift.

besides

in keeping with the theme

it would take a steamer trunk for a travel bag

I never did see anyplace showing how much it weighs, I am sure that old HP wasn't exactly a lightweight to begin with, and with all that brass and wood it's gotta be pretty hefty!

I don't think rupertlittlebear is too far off with the steamer trunk and fork lift! xD:

Would be a handy gift for your enemies so long as it could be made functional. Once the machine gets up and running, it could pump steam through its innards and onto the keys, shorting itself out and frying the user. Or perhaps it'd be best if that weren't done. xD:

Would be a handy gift for your enemies so long as it could be made functional. Once the machine gets up and running, it could pump steam through its innards and onto the keys, shorting itself out and frying the user. Or perhaps it'd be best if that weren't done. xD:
If you are going that route

build a stream driven Charles Babbage Laptop instead.

Back