• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stopped working your bought game ? I have solution for you.

Rad

Privateer
My game stopped working after several days and I couldn't start it at all. I had to reinstall it but after several reinstallations it refuses to reinstall anew! I think it is caused by Starforce 5 which is used here. By my opinion it is really shame to issue game which doesn't work properly and I think COAS doesn't work properly while using normally DVD. I tried to use what was suggested here in another topics but nothing worked for me. So I thought a little and used something which works for me and my game functions again. If you have problems with your legaly bought game and can't start it after some time and you are angry and disappointed, answer here and I will put detailed solution here for all of you. I never thought Akella could issued something like that which doesn't work properly and that Russians still are using Starforce despite of huge reactions of disagreement which are all over the world what about this protection concerns. :shrug

Rad, sorry you were having problems mate, what exactly was your game doing? If you had Starforce on your system, it was not installed by CoAS unless you installed the original Russian version of the game. As far as I know, the version that was released worldwide by Playlogic in 2009 uses TAGES. TAGES is a much tougher copy protection scheme to crack than Starforce, but it doesn't do all the nasty stuff to your computer that Starforce did. There have been some problems with TAGES as well, but it's mostly just problems with the authentication of the DVD, and that can usually be fixed by downloading the latest TAGES drivers.

When you get a chance, please explain what problems you were having and how you fixed them. Chances are if you had issues, more people out there are as well. The more information we have available here, the easier it is to track down a solution, and that's what these forums are all about mate! Glad ya got yours up and running again! :cheers

As I wrote above already after about 2 - 3 days my game stopped working completely the way when clicked at my icon for starting the game nothing happened. First I could repair this by complete reinstallation of the game but after several reinstallation I couldn't reinstall the game anew.

So for all who have problem with starting the game which is with 100% certainty caused antipirate protection (whether it is Starforce or Tages) I used solution which works for me so far reliably at least for basic game (I didn't try it while using any mods yet.)
I never used so far such solutions for my bought games but I have enough already games which I payed and they don't work properly because of the exaggerated protection. This is very, very unfair from creators towards honest players and buyers of games (who I am) to behave this way.

1. Download program Daemon Tool Lite which is free. Link is here.

Demon Tool Download

2. Apply all available patches for game, I have patch last patch 1.3, I bought the game with this patch.

3. Use no DVD patch for the game from here.

no DVD patch

Use file archive 18.3 kB which is below and unpack it.

4. Install program Daemon tool and implement downloaded unpacked mds file file by it. Be sure that both your downloaded files - mds and mdf are in the same directory at your computer in order they could cooperate each other. Create connection between this mds file and your game by plain several mouse clicking in program Daemon Tool (adding this mds file into program) and enjoy playing without necessity of using your DVD and without fatal problems with starting the game. Before every new starting of the game you have to click at last used picture of game in Demon Tool menu which you have at your bar right below at your screen.

At the end I can assure all that my advices are not mention for pirate who don't want to buy the game but only for honest regular players and buyers of this game who have insurmountable problems with starting regularly bought game as I had. :onya

Back