• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed store on Pirate Fort does not exists

Cargo quests to "shady pirate places" are a relatively new addition and we've already found some unexpected errors with that in the past.
Sounds like this is another one.

I'm pretty sure Gheerlof Darlang is the regular store owner, so see if he accepts it.
If not, I'll have to investigate this one but that will be on Monday at the earliest.

Gheerlof Darlang does not accept it, even if I pay the Netherlands to better my relationship.

I'll look into it soon. It is probably an actual bug, but I'm not near my computer for a while.

You'll have to wait another week before I'll be able to look into this one, I'm afraid.
Busy times ahead for me....

I can't find the store to deliver the cargo on Pirate Fort (Bonaire), where can I sell the cargo I'm supposed to deliver to Pirate Fort? :p

(Btw. previous Build releases my crew got jealous when I carried a lot of gold, I really liked that feature but they don't seem to be jealous anymore in the newest build, is this something I can turn on again? Unrelated question, but just to avoid creating nother thread)

(Btw. previous Build releases my crew got jealous when I carried a lot of gold,
If you started this game in free play, as a merchant, you will have a trading license, so the crew will not be jealous about the gold.

Which way should I start the game to make them jealous again and become as close to a merchant dealer as possible (without losing too much of the previous gameplay) ? :ninja What is your recommendation?

This is the second time I get stuck (in two games) on Pirate Fort "deliver cargo quest". Maybe I just have to reject taking the quests. It's not a big deal but I hope I don't lose anything by rejecting the quests. Can't stand having unfinished quests :no

Thanks for the tip ANSEL, I think I will start over again anyway, I need the jealous crew back

Ummm don't say anything to the crew, but I give my money to one of my officers that don't leave the boat nor does that officer see boardings.
This one Toon/save im working on. Im planning to fight for each nation until I get the top rank and then leave them and get a letter from another and work for them. It seems once you have rank with one nation and leave you still receive monies from your estates
So far I have worked for the Spanish and the English and make roughly 8-10k daily from estates.
Any profits I make I dump on my officer and then I draw monies from my cash and donate it too the crew, I keep a float around 200k

But you didn't hear that from me /wink

Pete

Which way should I start the game to make them jealous again and become as close to a merchant dealer as possible (without losing too much of the previous gameplay) ? :ninja What is your recommendation?
If the crew are jealous then you have to switch to paying by dividing plunder. If they're not jealous, e.g. because you have a merchant licence, you don't have to pay dividing plunder but there's nothing preventing you from doing so anyway. If you want to sign articles and pay by dividing plunder rather than by monthly salary, do it!

This is the second time I get stuck (in two games) on Pirate Fort "deliver cargo quest". Maybe I just have to reject taking the quests. It's not a big deal but I hope I don't lose anything by rejecting the quests.
I don't think you lose anything by refusing a cargo quest. You probably won't get another cargo quest from the same store until you've gone away from the island, but you should still get other quests from other stores, and you should be able to ask for another quest from that store when you next visit that town.

See also this thread:
Unconfirmed Bug - store on Pirate Fort does not exists | PiratesAhoy!

Indeed this bug was reported before.
But between it being reported and now, I've hardly been near my computer at all so have been unable to do anything about it.
The earliest I'll be able to check it out is next week on Monday; but even then, I cannot make any promises.
I'll definitely sort it out though when I find the chance to do it.

You cannot sell or toss a Merchant License, can you? I can't remember now.
Even a minor act of Piracy (e.g. sink/capture a hostile ship without having a LoM to allow it) will lose you your Merchant License though.
And then your crew can get envious again.

Also, if you aren't a pirate and have zero Letters of Marque, you are considered a merchant and do not even require the licence.
On the other side of the spectrum, as soon as you officially join the Pirates, your License no longer works to keep your crew happy.

Basically, it only helps for the crew if you have a Letter of Marque, but don't want to switch to Divide the Plunder Mode.
This could be because you need plenty money fit your trading schemes.

There should be no real need to "hide" your money anymore, unless you are a pirate.
If you're not, then you can buy a Merchant License to save you the trouble of that hiding.

At the moment, Fame does not serve much purpose, but that is something I still intend to improve on.
Hiding money does not add to your fame and will therefore eventually become quite counterproductive.
Unless you deliberately want to remain unknown.

If you leave the service of a country on good terms, you get to keep your land.
You only lose your land if you leave or are kicked out on bad terms.

But he want the crew to be jealous! ( Salty Sea 7 ) That was his question.:wp
Yes, but my point is, he can get the same effect as a jealous crew anyway, i.e. paying them by dividing plunder. The only effect of the crew becoming jealous is to force him to do that; once payment is changed, they won't be jealous any more. Though they will get upset if you take too long to divide the loot. After 90 days they start to think about all that gold they're not getting. After 180 days mutiny, or at least severe drop in morale, is all but inevitable... This will happen whether they forced you to switch payment method or you did it by choice.

@SaltySeas7: if you're playing the storyline "Tales of a Sea Hawk", that also gives you a free merchant licence at the start of the game. Nathaniel Hawk will not get a jealous crew. ;)

@Grey Roger is very much correct in that first point.

For the second point, that is technically true but only on default settings.
If you choose a different player type than Merchant, you won't get it.
Most players probably won't bother to do that though.

The problem is due to this code in PROGRAM\Towns\InitTowns.c:
Code:
   ctown.id = "Pirate Fort";
   ctown.island = "Douwesen";
   ctown.position.x = 767.739746; // Pirate Fort uses Palm Beach as port
   ctown.position.z = 184.559875;
   ctown.monsterprob = 1.0;
   if(first) ctown.captured = false;
   if(first) ctown.size = 200;
   ctown.gold = sti(ctown.size) * TOWN_GOLD_SCALAR;
   if(first) ctown.nation = PIRATE; // KK
   ctown.homeland = PIRATE; // KK
   ctown.store = DOUWESEN_STORE;
The "Pirate Fort" has the same store defined that the main town does, rather than a separate one.
Since it doesn't actually have a store at all, I don't understand why that line needs to be there.
It might do no harm to remove it.

That doesn't work on savegames though. For those, run this through console and see what happens:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(GetTownFromID("Pirate Fort"), "store");
If that displays OK in the F2>Colonies screen, then this will probably prevent these issues in the future.

Would be nice if someone would add a proper store there though. But I'm not going to.
Maybe @Jack Rackham or @Grey Roger would be able to? Perhaps even @ANSEL if he wants to try his hand at some more coding.

Looks like my DeleteAttribute line doesn't work 100% ideally.
It does probably work, but in F2>Colonies you now get non-functional arrow keys for the second "town" on Bonaire.
Anyway, should still work to prevent further quests to a non-existing store.

In the meantime, execute this through console:
Code:
pchar.quest.generate_trade_quest_progress.itradecolony = "Douwesen";
With that change, the regular store in Kralendijk will accept the cargo. :yes

There is some confusion here, there is a Smugglers Lair and a Pirate Fort, in the codes.
But I can only find the Pirate Fort on the Island.
Well I cant find it anymore! Somewhere it says Palm Beach is a landing place for the
Pirate Fort and Crab Cliffs is ditto for the Smugglers Lair.

Last edited:
Back