• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed store on Pirate Fort does not exists

I reported the same bug, I didn't know it existed. When I approached the Pirate Fort with all the men in the fort, they made me shut my mouth and told me to be quiet and come in and talk about man-stuff, they wanted as many men in there as possible because they see men as an opportunity to talk about pleasant stuff. When I entered the fort and I couldn't find the store, THEN I knew I was hallucinating. There is something I've learned about the pirates in there, they like large crowds of men, you can barely walk in there without bumping into a robber. Then you have the highwaymen standing in the bushes outside the fort, you can barely see them, they like to be in small groups behind the bushes. Every time I see the highway men behind the bushes, I think to myself, how I am going to get to that fort and do my duty without bumping into them, and I take a walk around them, on the other side of the bushes. One time I even decided to speak to them, it's tiresome to walk around them every time so why not learn to trick them, but that only works sometimes and if you have some people with you they may be scared off. heh.

Last edited:
@ANSEL: The Smugglers Lair is on Grenada. Bonaire only has the Pirate Fort.
I know! I was talking about confusion in the code, not in the game. But let me see what i can find. :shrug
I was looking after the codes for a store at the pirate fort. Its already set up in "store init." It
must just be a little thing there is missing, but what I havent traced down yet.

From "PROGRAM\STORE\store_init.c":
Code:
  // Conceicao
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].Island   = "Conceicao";
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].Group   = "Conceicao";
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].owner   = "Martinho Guterres"; // KK
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].dockyard = "Humberto de Paiva"; // KK
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].tavern = "Duarte Correja"; // KK
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].usurer = "Conceicao Usurer"; // KK
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].taylor = "Abenito de Soto"; // KK
   Stores[CONCEICAO_STORE].gunsmith = "Diego Uargo"; // Levis
   STORE_QUANTITY++; // NK 05-03-30 use int qty and oversized array

// êîíòðàáàíäèñòû
   Stores[SMUGGLERS_STORE].Island   = "Conceicao";
   Stores[SMUGGLERS_STORE].group   = "Smugglers Lair";
   Stores[SMUGGLERS_STORE].owner   = "Leonardo Violate"; // KK
   Stores[SMUGGLERS_STORE].tavern = "Fabiao Dunga"; // KK

// Douwesen
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].Island   = "Douwesen";
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].group   = "Douwesen"; // Fix Cap Hawk
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].owner   = "Gheerlof Darlang"; // KK
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].dockyard = "Lambrecht Fobes"; // KK
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].tavern = "Friedrich Corleis"; // KK
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].usurer = "Douwesen Usurer"; // KK
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].taylor = "Rost van Moor"; // KK
   Stores[DOUWESEN_STORE].blacksmith = "Boudewijn Smidt"; // Levis

"Conceicao" is the stock game name for what is now Concepcion / La Grenade / Grenada (depending on your time period). "Douwesen" is Bonaire. So Conceicao / La Grenade has stores in both the main town and Smugglers Lair. Douwesen / Bonaire only has the store in the town.

There's also "PIRATES_STORE" defined for QuebradasCostillas. That's the stock game name for what is now Nevis.

One thing I like to know: Is it a Fetch quest or a Cargo quest from a trader we are talking about here?
There have never been a store at Pirate Fort, so prevent that location to appears in the quest seems to
me, to be much more relevant, and easier to do, than build a new store at the Pirate fort?

It is a Cargo Delivery Quest.

I know exactly why this happens (it is the double use of the Douwesen store I mentioned on the previous page).
That DeleteAttribite command is meant to prevent quests leading there in the future.
But that does lead to an interface error that I would still need to figure out.
Adding the missing store is actually more straightforward and technically also a better solution.

I see. I dont think I could make that store, but what is needed to do it ( witch files and so on)?
You need to:
1. Add the location in PROGRAM\Locations\init\Douwesen.c
2. Add the character in PROGRAM\Characters\init\StoreOwners.c
3. Give him his own dialog in PROGRAM\DIALOGS (optional; you can just reuse an existing one)
4. Define the store in PROGRAM\STORE\store_init.c
5. Make the town use that store instead in PROGRAM\Towns\InitTowns.c

Point #1 is the most time-consuming as you need to check the 3D model locators (with Visible Locators in the game) to find an empty spot,
then do some copy-pasting and editing to add the location (new game required to initialize locations).

Point #2 is fairly straightforward and you can use some creativity there on his character name and model.

Points 3-5 can be quite quickly done if you know how to do it, so I can do that as well.
If you do only #1, that would already be a big help here. :yes

Last edited:
Just for an exercise, I place a copy of kralendijk store, at the Pirate Fort. It will
be there when I started a new game, but I think the game delete it when I closed
it down. And of course I will be in Kralendijk again,when I walk out of the store.

Locations[n].reload.l5.name = "reload3";
Locations[n].reload.l5.go = "Douwesen_Store";
Locations[n].reload.l5.emerge = "reload1";
Locations[n].reload.l5.autoreload = "0";
Locations[n].reload.l5.label = "Store.";
Locations[n].reload.l5.close_for_night = 1;
if(iRealismMode>0 && DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL) Locations[n].reload.l5.goto_disable = 1; // Screwface: Disable Go-To location

Anyway " reload3" is the location for the store at the Pirate Fort. But now Im tired and stuck here, dont think I can go any further without help.

You need to also make a copy of the Douwesen_store location init entry with a new location ID.
That way you can prevent travel back to Kralendijk.

What do you mean with the game deleting your addition?

Well here it is. It maybe need some adjustment, but it works fine.
seadogs2_0000.jpg
New files will be updated soon.

Last edited:
What do you mean with the game deleting your addition?
The problem was double files! When I was checking the files I hit the unedited one. Its a mouse problem, the right click is
to sensitive, just a light touch and I have a copy. So a clean install, and I will check the store files, to see if all is okay.

@Pieter Boelen . What!!!!:shock I have uploaded the doublet ini. file. And just reinstalled the game.
Maybe my work is gone away. On it again:(

Good work, @ANSEL! :onya

One suggestion - perhaps change Cornelius Vanslyperken to have a different model. Partly so he is distinctive from Gheerlof Darlang in Kralendijk, and partly because this is a pirate store!

Update - oops! Well, at least your work definitely isn't lost. You've uploaded it here, so at worst you can download it back again. Pirates Ahoy just became your backup. xD

You've uploaded it here, so at worst you can download it back again.
@Pieter Boelen Oh no! The uploaded file is wrong. It is that double file, the unedited one, I have uploaded (see post 35). Thats d.... annoying

I have deleted the wrong uploaded files in post 34. New ones as soon as possible.
:rumgone

Last edited:
Back