• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Storm engine 2.8 and it's future...

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
For anyone who might think that Storm engine 2.8 has any kinds of limitations, I encourage you to watch this video and see all the amazing things modders have done with this engine. I even think they could do better things than the original game developers who were too lazy to make real Caribbean islands (compare Dominica and Guadeloupe in COAS, both islands are same).

True, with much effort, we could make New Horizons to this quality though I'm not sure if the modders used the the maelstrom engine

True, with much effort, we could make New Horizons to this quality though I'm not sure if the modders used the the maelstrom engine

That is an abandoned project. The only thing that could be done now regarding New Horizons is to port it to Maelstrom (2.8 engine). But it needs bug fixing because NH is made for 2.0 engine so it needs a bit of adaptation.

Back