• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Storms and how it works

Kohistan

Landlubber
Heya modders.

I've got an idea to how storms should work. But I've trawled through many files and I can't seem to find where and how it is generating damage to ships, length of the storm and so on... Some help would be greatly appreciated.

What idea's do you have?

For storms they are located in a few files but if you look in "Program\Weather\init == DayStorm.C" you will can change some value's and have a play around in there. Backup your main file before making any changes though.

in "Program\Weather == WhrTornado.C" as indicated is the code for the tornado.

In Program\SEA_AI == sea.C and AIShip.C" there are some enteries to the storm, not sure what i remember seeing some in there.

In "Program\WorldMap == almost all files" you will find enteries to the storms, like the distance at which it is visable and how often the storms are generated etc.

I don't kn ow which file has the line for amount of damage the storm's do to your ship. I have seen it but for the life of me i don't remember which file it was.

we still dont have regular rain days right? only lighter storms?

Id like to change the rate of storms, i sailed in the Virgin Islands and there was short tropical storms like once a day at least!

we did have lighter rain days....but unfortunatly it resulted in it raining inside building like the store...xD:

Can you add these lines in the location init files for interior locations?
Code:
	Locations[n].environment.weather = "false";
Locations[n].environment.sea = "false";
In PotC we have rainy days also, but it never rains inside because of these lines.

Back