• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Strange Archipelago

dassing178

Landlubber
ALRIGHT, I HAVE DONE THIS QUEST UP TO THE PART WHERE I HAVE TO SPEAK TO THE PRISON WARDEN, BUT ALL HE SAYS TO ME IS RANDOM THINGS HE NORMALLY SAYS, HE DOESNT SAY ANYTUING ABOUT A PRISONER, PLEASE HELP ME, I WANT THE MEFISTO, BUY THE WAY, IS THERE A WAY TO GET THE SHIP FEARLESS.

/me hides from the capital letters

Try reloading a save before you get captured, else press I or T before he talks to you if you are using the build. if you arn't using the build..install it and restart the game :p

As far as I know, the only way to get those two shiny ships is to edit some textfiles so you start with one of them. You can't get them after you have started, IIRC

Which prison wardon are you talking too? There are a couple of different prisons in the game. Give us some more details regarding the quest so we can identify which part of the game you're at.

sorry sampow & Xiathorn (I think thats how you spell it), The warden im talking about is the one in greenford prison, when you have to tak to to the leader of the cult in the strange happenings in the archiplelago quest.

welcome to PA dassing,I have done that quest several times riyhout problems with 10.1 build,you need the Mephisto fix to get her but the fix does not have anything to do with prison warden,reload previous save and try again xD:

Wait, there is a bug in the game. If you kill the Warden in the main quest you can't do it looking for the Mephisto. Unless you have the build. ;)

The Australians are coming, the Australians are coming. Run for you lives. ;)

hey... ive just recently gotten the quest... its the one with the missin children right? i seem to be stuck on the pirate island... i found out in greenford that the mefisto sailed there and now i dont know where its gone after that... anyone who can help me?

a complete walkthrough of this mission for people

!!!SPOILER!!!SPOILER!!!SPOILER!!!SPOILER!!!SPOILER!!!SPOILER!!!
(if you dont want to read my walkthrough...hey anyone who wants to retire in the game, and has posted in the "retiring" forum in gameplay secion, and has done this mission...tell me what you think of my suggestion at the bottom!)
Strange things in the Archipelago

First,you go to the Town hall of Donuwesan and you will see three women are standing. Talk to them and you will know about the kidnapping of the children and Governor doesn't take any action.what an arse!!! You can promise them to talk to the Governor yourself.
If it is at night, sleep until morning and talk to the Governor. He will ask you investigate yourself. You can start your investigation from the Pirates in the jungle which is the same way now you are going to look for the ship. Go to the jungle and search for the pirates den. Now go to the pirate chief's house and ask about the Black Frigate that kidnapped the children. He will tell you that this ship doesn't belong to the pirates and it is heading to the Greenford. Talk to the guy on your right in the Greenford Tavern. He will tell you that the ship is going to Pirate Island. Follow to the Island and talk to the Tavern Keeper woman. She will tell you that the ship really was here on the Island but
she doesn't know where it left. You have to investigate your own again.

Most people has lost track of this quest after talking to the old lady at the pirates island. The fact is that you have to go to Redmond church and do favor to the priest in order to continue this quest. Go to Redmond church and talk to the priest. YOUR REPUTATION MUST BE AT LEAST MATEY! He will ask you to do a favor which is to investigate about the priest of Greenford. (I wont explain this, for this is a seperate quest, i wont make a spoiler for two quests at the same time!) He will ask you another favor after you finish with the Greenford Preist quest. You have to bring a letter to the Isla Mulle church. As soon as you are near to the Isla Mulle Island, you will be landed on the shore and faced men with red robes. You will be in a small fight
but this is not that difficult, for they have wimpy little daggers. You will get a medallion and your quest is updated. Go to the church and give the letter to the priest. When you go back to Redmond and continue talking about black frigate with the priest, his assistance will attack you and your quest is updated. Go back to Isla Mulle and talk to the Tavern Owner. Then go out and find a man that the Tavern Owner tells. You will get information from him that the leader of the black frigate is now in Greenford.

Go to Greenford and talk to the Tavern owner. The leader is now in the prison. You will have to talk to the Warden to meet with him. The warden won't let you see the guy unless you pay him 5000 gold. The only option is to pay him, so better have 5000!. after you go to talk to him, he tells you what you need to know, but then he mysteriously dies. Now you go to the hideout of 'Animists', those Red Robed men. It is located at the small island near Isla Mulle. Sail to that shore and walk straight until you see a cave. You will be fighting with at least 10 Red Robed men. Their boss is hiding behind the big chair in the main room. Kill him and your quest will be updated. Go back
to your ships to fight with 'Mefisto', black frigate. After that all the
problems are solved and all you have to do is go back to Donuswan and Redmond to collect rewards.

-->Problem: you cannot use the Mefisto, for you cannot put ANY cargo on it. Solution: sell it! its good money, and either way, if you have the Build 10.1, you can go to the pirate island and buy the same model, but with different stats.
-->Suggestion to all people who posted in "retireing" forum in the gameplay section:...this place on the hidden beach is still accesable even after the quest is over...if you mates wanna "retire", maybe that place would be perfect...although i suggest to keep a tartane, so you can travel the island to get to the main city...imagin that :yes xD: :cheers :b: :b: xD: :cry :b:

Hey CaptJack... Eventually when all the uproar over the new build and newislands expansion dies down, I want to try fixing the Animists cave over into a "pirate haven" that can be accessed *after* you do the Strange Events quest... I have already attempted some `re-skins` and want to build up the caves so they look more like a merchant's - shelves with all sorts of booty, barrels all over the place, swords, pistols, chests with gold, sacks of powder, cannon, that kind of thing. A place that looks like PIRATES live there... Heh. Could be a great place for another quest or two. :cheers

I can hardly wait to see what's been cooked up for the new build! I tried the 10.2, and it got me over some odd behavior I was struggling with. Staggering how good the game is now. The whole modding community deserves several celebratory cases of rum once the new build is rolled out.
:cheers :cheers :yes :yes :p:

aye aye, i agree mr. evil twin! i cant wait till the new build...one thing though, mad jack...whats the 10.2? i never saw that one yet!!??

Back