• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Strange monks

Bingo, was able to make a new save. Thanks for the quick help.

I feel stupid asking so many questions, considering how many you guys get, but I tried searching for the answer in the forums, and couldn't find a resolution. And I don't want to flood the forum every time something weird pops up.

I just finished the main quest line on New Horizons, and captured the Black Pearl. I decided to capture Silehard and keep him under my deck. After returning the old man to the Lighthouse, I went to Jamaica, landed on the Rocky Shore, and made my way to the Townhall. Apparently the new governor is supposed to be someone named Brin, but instead it is Sir Henry Morgan. He has the normal governor dialogue, and no matter what I choose, he does not give me any option to reconcile with Britain, or however this should end.

Am I missing some type of gameplay trigger, or possibly another resolution?

I just finished the main quest line on New Horizons, and captured the Black Pearl. I decided to capture Silehard and keep him under my deck. After returning the old man to the Lighthouse, I went to Jamaica, landed on the Rocky Shore, and made my way to the Townhall. Apparently the new governor is supposed to be someone named Brin, but instead it is Sir Henry Morgan. He has the normal governor dialogue, and no matter what I choose, he does not give me any option to reconcile with Britain, or however this should end.

Am I missing some type of gameplay trigger, or possibly another resolution?

See this thread in the Bug Tracker / Story Line Bugs:- Reward for Silehard Kill - Capture ( link below )

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=tracker&showissue=384&view=findpost&p=2408

:cheers

I made all of the recommended changes from posts 2, 4, and 5, but Henry still greets me in the same manner.

I'm assuming when Pieter says that "This should hopefully make it work, though it does require you to replay the game from before case "Story_VoyageToKhaelRoaBegan" .", that this only works if you have a save game before you go to the Incan Temple, which sadly, my quicksave is after I delivered Clement back to the Lighthouse.

Oh well, time to go take my disappointment out on a few forts and colonies. Thanks for the help guys.

Well, you CAN use the console trick in that Bug Tracker issue to get through it anyway. :yes

v_V

I read that incorrectly, and replaced the code from post two with the code from post four, into quests_reaction.c, not console.c.

Fixed that, ran it, and the dialog worked, got my Letter of Marque and 200,000.

Thank you so much, guys.

Back