• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Strategic Question: Infiltrating Oxbay

Mad_Jack

Patron of the Tarts
Storm Modder
OK, OK, I admit it... After starting the game, I sailed to Redmond, informed the Governor of the invasion of Oxbay, and promptly sailed WEST. Now that I've got a fleet of ships and lots of experience, figured it was high time I get the little item of freeing Oxbay off me `to-do` list.

So, to infiltrate Oxbay, where's the best place to land on the island so my mission (and me arse) doesn't get blown out of the water? I was considering the narrow bay at the north side of the island, but was curious about everyone else's experiences.

Well, I usually land at Greenford - but I suppose you can land at any of the beaches too. Oddly enough, I think "Far Beach" is the closest to Oxbay. :cheers

Landing at Greenford has its advantages - if you get in a fight before you get there, you can get your ship repaired, AND/OR you can sell off your prize ships and booty, heh...

aye, i do the same thing...its the stop off before the long 2 hour walk through the jungle...HEY!!! I GOT AN IDEA CAT! OR ANYONE WHO MODS! ok, well in real life, it would take A LOT longer to get through jungles like that to another side of islands...can we somehow make it more jungles to go through instead two or three before the outskirts? besides, if the french wanted Greenford too so bad, with that easy walk through the jungles, they could take it easily! it dosnt make sense.

I dunno, the walk through the jungle is long enough as it is, its not that realistic, but at least you don't spend more time getting there than doing the actual mission.

thats why it would be so realistic mate...back then, if you were on a mission, you would take like 2 days traveling to ur destination on the island, and like 1 hour to complete ur mission when u reach town...but that would be TOOOO long, so maybe it would take a nice LONG walk, but not 2 days...and for all you who have build 10.1, you could use x30 speed to speed it up if you dont want the full realism.

An HOUR :cheers Your right...that would be too long. xD:

I dunno, I don't think the French wanted Greenford... It's just not as big as Oxbay.

It could be done I think, adding more "running room" to the island... I'll be learning more about this when I get to work on the expansion package project. :cheers xD:

Thanks for the options, mates. I believe I'll be making landfall at Greenford, providing the locals don't mind the sight of black sails in their fair harbor! :cheers

arrghh, i wanna try to make a mod where i can make another jolly roger look like mine, the "Jolly Roger of Luck"...anyone could tell me how this could be done?

Ahhh!!! Found the bloody thing!! Dusty as the bones what made the first one, but I found it! xD:

:rolleyes: Argh!! Me finds dat dee best way to ger yerself into Oxbay is to sail yerself into her harbour in a heavily gunned ship, sink the insolent French and blast her fortress to da ground... Den, you spray da down with grapeshot before landing yer troops to take her back... har, har... crushing the French war effort before you even meet da governer!!

;) Har!! Bloodlust be a better word for I!!

Argh!! I suppose a funny thing would be to sail me ship to redmund and meet dee governor on me ~own~ terms, har!!

:cheers Argh!! I looted an pillaged the entire island o' Oxbay before first settib' sail in me game once... and bought meself a fine warship to talk on dee French by hitting space dee moment da 2d screen appeared after dee Oxbay quest movie. Me wasn't quite successful either, as me ship spawned within range of dee fort, and I hadn't known dat dee frigate carried just as many guns as me warship.

Whoa if your thinkin about making a 1hr walk in the jungle count me out. Its good for a game to be a little realistic but prolly most of us dont have that much time on our hands. And think about all the hard smugglers thatd gang up on you. ANd theyre at your level so you may not be able to handle two attacking at once.

Back