• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Street merchants and other questions

boardslide315

Powder Monkey
  1. I have the latest Beta installed. I remember one used to be able to attack a street merchant with poisoned throwing knives or a thieve's knife, and steal their loot. This doesn't seem to be possible anymore, I always just end up with 10 gold. Is there a special way to do it, or is it just luck, or what?
  2. I can't seem to find bombs available in any stores, how do you get bombs?
  3. I captured a city and used the option of installing my own governor, but whenever I visit, none of the shopkeepers will service me. That doesn't seem right if I own the colony...

1. Did you look at their stock before attacking them? They only get their items when you do that, so if you attack them before, they wouldn't have anything.

2. Visit one of the forts from the shore-side and you might be able to sneak some from there. Not easy though.
Sometimes there is an ammunition tender adrift that you can encounter at sea; need to pay attention not to miss it though!
Otherwise, we considered bombs to be unrealistic for ships, so they're used by forts only.

3. That part of the mod is known to be unfinished and buggy. And we can't get round to fixing it before the other workings are sorted out a bit further.

Back