• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Stuck At Sea When Assaulted During Mooring

in the Dec 30 version I can't moor the ship. I can get to port or beach or what ever but when I F3 the anchor, I get the correct sounds but then I get the SEA screen and can't go anywhere else.

in the Dec 30 version I can't moor the ship. I can get to port or beach or what ever but when I F3 the anchor, I get the correct sounds but then I get the SEA screen and can't go anywhere else.
You are absolutely right. Me and my brother confirmed that today as well.
The fix is on the previous page. Currently working on putting the changes of the last two days together.
That will set things right again. Thanks for catching this! :cheers

I have no clue whether it is actually fixed. The functionality is back to its previous state, with an attempted fix for the actual issue.
But until someone actually gets into the (unlikely) situation of anchoring while enemies approach at the same time, we will not know if it actually worked.
If that does happen, there will be an on-screen message about this, which is also being logged in compile.log .
You could probably also tell by the battle music starting just before you reload into port.

I hope people are still keeping an eye out for this one! I want to know if this has been tackled or not.
If I hear nothing to the contrary, I will remove the log message for the release version and mark it as Fixed.
We can always reopen it if anyone runs into it again with the next release.

Anyone managed to trigger this already?

Understandable. We'll just need to do a whooole lot more playtesting. So perhaps we can't confirm this before the Beta 3.4 release. So be it. :shrug

Marked as "Awaiting Info" since a fix has been made and we just need to confirm if it works.

Put this as fixed now. In case it does happen again we can reopen the case.

Shall we leave the log message that asks people to report here?
Looks weird, but might help. :facepalm

There was a bug in my game that even had a log message prompting me to inform Pirates Ahoy! When I moored in the port the game kinda froze. I would not enter the port but was stuck on the direct sail screen and couldn't control my ship – or anything else for that matter – while the game went on. This happened in the Port of Bridgetown during the “Nathaniel Hawk” game – though, I don't play as Hawk.

This only happened once. But the circumstances were fairly specific. Some enemy ships were approaching, when I entered the open sea/direct sail – only to be hammered by the Bridgetown fort (much to my delight). When one of the ships sank, I swiftly sailed above the sinking ship to grab what I can, then leave to port, since it was sinking in the port bay. When I did so and clicked the "to port" icon, the error occurred. So there was debris and floating goods in the port at the time of the “crash” and I collected some of it immediately before leaving to port.

Hope that helps.

Aha! Thanks for reporting.

So you tried to Anchor in Port but the game hung and got stuck?
Or did the reload to shore work in the end?

This problem happens when enemy ships approach you as you are anchoring.
It is a rare problem bit of it happens, then you used to end up stuck and unable to move.
I tried to fix it, but since it is such a rare occurrence, it is hard to know if it worked in any way.

The game went on but just in direct sail and none of the player's commands were obeyed anymore. So I just could watch. Couldn't even reload via F1. Nothing would happen, regardless of what I pressed. So I ended the game via task manager.

Sounds like the bug had to be reopened then.
Fix clearly didn't work. Good to know.

Happened again. This time on Hispanola. And yes, I was chased. However, I was well out of shooting range and I am not even sure, if it mattered all that much. However, when I reloaded the game, again I was chased (much more intense due to some miss-navigation on my part). But when I moored, it all worked out. So it seems to be pretty random.

Wasn't the original distance, that you had to have between you and any hostile ship in order to be allowed to moor much bigger in the stock game? Maybe that is where the problem stems from?

Back