• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Stuck in Bridgetown during Apothecary Quest

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
@Levis,

I tried this again. Gave the priest money got a cross quest. Back to the apothecary told me about the natives, sailor comes in tells about natives. I exit Bridgetown and can't move. I know that this quest is not finished. I the exit from Bridgetown where it ends for now or is there something wrong.

Also and I think this is a bug. I tried increase stamina for one of my officers and despite my have all four things you need and having almost 5 million in gold it would not let me complete the process. Also I don't think I found the dialogue that allows me to exchange my albatross for leechs.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.rar
    666.1 KB · Views: 104
  • compile.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 142
@Levis,

I tried this again. Gave the priest money got a cross quest. Back to the apothecary told me about the natives, sailor comes in tells about natives. I exit Bridgetown and can't move. I know that this quest is not finished. I the exit from Bridgetown where it ends for now or is there something wrong.
How did you exit? Did you use fast travel (I tought I disabled that). When you walk outside the apothecary there should be a fight going on ...

Also and I think this is a bug. I tried increase stamina for one of my officers and despite my have all four things you need and having almost 5 million in gold it would not let me complete the process. Also I don't think I found the dialogue that allows me to exchange my albatross for leechs.
You are talking about options from the apothecary himself right?

Also and I think this is a bug. I tried increase stamina for one of my officers and despite my have all four things you need and having almost 5 million in gold it would not let me complete the process.
The code is set up so you pay for that out of your WEALTH and not your CREW MONEY.
When I cheat to give myself more wealth, it does work fine.

Also I don't think I found the dialogue that allows me to exchange my albatross for leechs.
It is under "I'd like to buy some bottles of physic to take with me, if you please."
Not very obvious, I admit. :facepalm

How did you exit? Did you use fast travel (I tought I disabled that). When you walk outside the apothecary there should be a fight going on ...

You are talking about options from the apothecary himself right?
I will go back and try it again.

@Levis, I managed to confirm Jason's report. I think this is the relevant stuff:
Code:
LAi_CharacterLogin -> many logined characters in location (>32)
LAi_CreateFantomCharacter -> many logined characters in location (>32)
Quest name Apothecary Crewmember Kill FOUND in SideQuestComplete
[...]
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Location fantom character <0>
Quest name Apothecary Killed Indian Ambush FOUND in SideQuestComplete
@Jason has a whole bunch of "Shore Crewmembers", which probably prevent that quest scene of yours from occurring.
Just add a "vcskip" attribute and that will probably solve the problem.

The code is set up so you pay for that out of your WEALTH and not your CREW MONEY.
When I cheat to give myself more wealth, it does work fine.

It is under "I'd like to buy some bottles of physic to take with me, if you please."
Not very obvious, I admit. :facepalm

Well I will check my wealth but it is probably not sufficient.

Thanks

I will go back and try it again.
Don't bother. You are completely right.

Well I will check my wealth but it is probably not sufficient.
No, it's not.

Now here are some questions:

- Does it seem fair to have the player use wealth there instead of normal money?
If so, is the dialog clear enough on that subject?

- Should the dialog for the Albatross be made more clear as well?

@Levis, I managed to confirm Jason's report. I think this is the relevant stuff:
Code:
LAi_CharacterLogin -> many logined characters in location (>32)
LAi_CreateFantomCharacter -> many logined characters in location (>32)
Quest name Apothecary Crewmember Kill FOUND in SideQuestComplete
[...]
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Location fantom character <0>
Quest name Apothecary Killed Indian Ambush FOUND in SideQuestComplete
@Jason has a whole bunch of "Shore Crewmembers", which probably prevent that quest scene of yours from occurring.
Just add a "vcskip" attribute and that will probably solve the problem.
I just came to the same conclusion indeed.

@Jason install these files, then it should work (tested on your save and it works now).
Also fixed a minor bug I saw in the dialog logic where you couldn't cancel the quest after agreeing.

Attachments

• LEVIS_FIXES_JAN_22b.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
Im doing this quest now too from Bridgetown.
I reached the point where I followed the indian to the warehouse.
During the fight with 5 indians.. there was very heavy lag and the FPS was too slow.
Eventually my crewmates came in and helped me.. then after i finished the fight.. i tried going into town from the opposite door and game crashes.

Some interesting error logs if anyone is interested:

Attachments

• error.log
    29.9 KB · Views: 130
This again seems to be because your perks array is missing. Did you do an F11 already?

Yes attached here.
For the perks.. i still don't see any describtion on any perk, although I did execute console.
Maybe it needs a new game?

Attachments

• FreePlay.7z
    713.9 KB · Views: 114
  • compile.log
    9.4 KB · Views: 111
Don't execute the console do a Reinit, so press F11 instead of F12

Reactions: A.H
About the lag, I noticed it in your game too. I tested this with a low level character and there it was nog problem, but with a higher level character it seems to be. Will fix this.

Perfect.. F11 fixed the perk describtion; however I do not see "Rush" nor "Quick boarding" on the list.. did you remove them in the recent update?

Perfect.. F11 fixed the perk describtion; however I do not see "Rush" nor "Quick boarding" on the list.. did you remove them in the recent update?
Uhm .... stupid program :rumgone going to look into it ...

Btw put attached file in ..\PROGRAM\QUESTS
it will fix the lag but increased the load time if you enter that warehouse. But not to much

Attachments

• quests_side.c
    430.3 KB · Views: 137
Those perks could be deliberately missing if you're on Realistic Game Mode.

Great.
Now another issue at hand with regards to Apothecary quest.
I went to lighthouse. Fought indians.. then on quest book it says.. "quest is a failure........ i think i should go talk to Steven."
So i go to Steven and on dialog there is nothing related to quest.. maybe code is broken for continuing quest or am I doing something wrong?

And check save file. The 2 guys standing beside me.. one in front of apothecary.. and one beside apothecary in front of the gate entrance to the port.

You cannot speak to them.. when i press dialog.. they can't dialog with me..

@Pieter Boelen.. when I press ENTER to make an action.. i can see the rush mode.. but on perk list is not shown. I can't remember if I put realism.. but that probably explains it.

Attachments

• FreePlay.7z
    701.5 KB · Views: 92
  • compile.log
    42.9 KB · Views: 113
  • error.log
    20.7 KB · Views: 123
Back