• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stuck in Quebradas Costillas and need "How To" of

itarrow

Landlubber
Hi,
2 strange problems.

First one is related to the main quest: I`m in Quebradas Costillas trying to find Roul Rheims.

A pirate come and tells me that he went to Conceicao. As soon as he goes off, I`m stuck. Not stuck that I cannot move. "Stuck" that I cannot enter/exit any building. As soon as I`m near a door, the "lock" icon is always closed. If I use fast traveling it`s ok, but as soon as I cannot use fast travel option (so let`s say I want to sail away), I`m stuck.

This happens just after the pirate goes away, just before the fight between Nigel Blythe and the other fun guy starts.

Second need that I have is more generic. After some time in Conceicao I`m now vice admiral and the governor started presenting me some of his daughters/nephews/etc.. I really would like to marry with one of those, and I tried any option in the dialogues (chatting or just proposing a marriage straight away) but I`m always rejected.

Then sometimes the governor presents me another one, and the same happens.

Funny thing is that, at one point, the governor hall was full (6 or 7) of nice girls who all rejected me (am I so awfull ?)

Is there any "walkthorugh" of how to marry a nice girl in POTC Build 11 ???

Well in QC,when you land at the QC port did you use fast travel after talking the piratesa standing at the port?,if so when you use FT the doors wil be luck so if you done it my advice is loading a save :p: ....for you question #2,after you are presented by the governer's daughter or anything you must not first ask her hand my advice is you must have a high or good reputation before askin a girls hand,after you have a good reputation,when you ask the girl's hand she will accept it (im sure :cheers ) then there you have it.....Good Luck :d:

If ye gets de locked doors,;at means dar be part of a quest ye have tew do,ye must 'ave missed, did ye run into Nigel. Artois fight'n in de pirate fort? :cheers

Found him fighting vs. Nigel Blythe: no matter who of the 2 is killed (and so who become part of my team) the result is again the same.

Locked icon everywhere, and I cannot depart from QC.

Who`s this girl I`m supposed to meet in the port ?

Vassal,
just one more question about marrying: will the governor keep presenting me his female relatives also after some time (if I understood correctly I have to build up my reputation, that, as of now, is "HERO": is there anything more ?) or either now or never ?

And isn`t "Hero" already enough ?

Thanks

rite, i had the same prob wi the gals, basically, i dnt no how i did it but i jsut chatted away and then asked 2 marry 1 then she sed yeh, hero is the top reputation as i understand it, mayeb they w8 for u 2 hav more money, greedy *****

It's also based on "fame" so the more famous you are the more likely she'll say yes.
Fame is based on lots of things like land, amount of personal money, luck and I believe that any gifts you give to her help as well.

quick question, if you marry someone can you return to your original status :bow :bow: 8) :D 8) :? :bow or do i have to worry about divorce because i am no longer very friendly with her dad?

ok good, it is awefully hard to stay in good standing with someone when you are looting their merchants and sinking their navy.

I'm afraid reputation is a bit of a misnamed property.
What it really means is, how _good_ a person are you.
Do you save fair maidens from rapacious scoundrels?
Or, do you go about insulting the daughters of eccentrics?

It has nothing to do with marriage. The only that counts there is fame.
Further, the points of fame necessary to marry someone are generated _when that person is_, so if a MR is generated when you're already superfamous you'll have to get _more_ famous.
Probably. Sometimes the randomness, at super high levels of fame, means you _can_ propose on the first date.

Choosing the "talk" option will increase talkpoints, which are subtracted from marpoints before marpoints vs. fame is checked.

If you want to know how close you are to her accepting, open buildSettings.h and set DEBUGINFO to 1.

Then, load your game and stand next to the lady, and hit T. A log will come up with your fame and the needed points to propose.

Thanks to all: now I know how to marry this nice portuguese girl...

About the first question: I tried everything I know (hitting I, for example), and nothing changes: if I talk with the pirate that tells me that Roul Rheims went to Conceicao, afterwards I get just "locked icons" everywhere.

I can use fast travel to go around QC city, but as soon as I want to travel "by feet" I can`t go anywhere.

And, of course, I can`t sail away.

What can I do ???

Don't use fast travel the first time you get to QC, just walk there and the `Blythe-Voisey` part will kick off without interupting it with the Rhiems quest.
After that you can use fast travel without any problems.

Yes, Sirus is right , when you got fisrt land on QC,dont use FT use your feet travel :) (dont be lazy :facepalm )

I`m using build 11 and yes, I can FT to the port, but I cannot board my ship, since I get the infamous "locked lock" icon and I cannot leave the port and sail to Conceicao to go on with the quest.

Arghhh, what can I do ???

Go to a previous save and don't fast travel to QC just walk there then your problems will be solved.
If you don't have an older save then you'll have to restart as I'm almost certain that you can't recover from this problem.

Nah, it's just I can try to reset the quest variables by loading the save and `force-changing` the attribute (i.e. change one of the key commands, like T, to also apply a quest attribute), and then resave.
Or trigger the quest.
Somethin' like that. :)

Back