• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stuck in quest, please help

rv17

Landlubber
Hi all,

I just started with this game and I must say i find it really awesome.
I am sailing under english flag, I got a quest from the govenor of saint's john, i must go to portobelo and find a man with vital documents and take those documents back to the govenor.
The problem is that spain is an enemy of me, so i must sneak in the city of portobelo, but when i try to lauch a boat, so i can sneak in it doesn't work.

Please help me, I really want to get further in this game because it is a really good game.

Greetings,

Rv17

I personally try to aviod having to sneak into enemy towns for a long time because you need high stealth to do it. Are you flying the Spanish or Dutch flag?

Flying either of those flags will help since both Spain and Dutch are netural to each other. You can go into the towns through the woods, its easier and safer that way (obviously night time). The other way is to buy a trading license from the guy in any pirate settlement, go to the tavern in any pirate settlement and speak with the all the guy's, when you find the guy ask him for a trading license for Spain. Depending on distance from Portabello which i think the closest pirate settlement is going to be on Martinique (same island as Fort-de-France is on) Its still a long way to travel but means you can enter the Spanish town (must be flying Spanish flag) in day or night and no gaurds will attack you for as long as that trade license is still valid.

Complete your objective and head back to the town you recieved the quest from.

I personally try to aviod having to sneak into enemy towns for a long time because you need high stealth to do it. Are you flying the Spanish or Dutch flag?

Flying either of those flags will help since both Spain and Dutch are netural to each other. You can go into the towns through the woods, its easier and safer that way (obviously night time). The other way is to buy a trading license from the guy in any pirate settlement, go to the tavern in any pirate settlement and speak with the all the guy's, when you find the guy ask him for a trading license for Spain. Depending on distance from Portabello which i think the closest pirate settlement is going to be on Martinique (same island as Fort-de-France is on) Its still a long way to travel but means you can enter the Spanish town (must be flying Spanish flag) in day or night and no gaurds will attack you for as long as that trade license is still valid.

Complete your objective and head back to the town you recieved the quest from.

Oh, ok you must sail "fly" under there or under a flag, where the spanish are ally's or neutral with. Sorry, I was confused with AOP: CT, where you can launch a boat and sneak in the city, anyway's thanks a lot.

RV17

LOL, what i do to build stealth up is (i play as the English alway's) so i get the Spanish or Dutch flag and fly that when attacking a Spanish or Dutch fleet, this takes a while but it does slowly build the stealth skill up.

I am also stuck on this quest.

I have managed to sneak into the city via the jungle after 12am, but i am unable to find the contact. I have searched all the buildings and sneaked around the city but he never appears to give me the documents?? I have not been discovered and am still under the right flag...

Any help would be great thanks

When you sneak in the town, go to tavern, sleep till the morning and than go and find a contact - usually it's either port controller or moneylender (you should've payed attention what governor said when you took the quest :p ).

When you sneak in the town, go to tavern, sleep till the morning and than go and find a contact - usually it's either port controller or moneylender (you should've payed attention what governor said when you took the quest :p ).

Thank you..... i will pay more attention next time ;)

Back