• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Stuck on Pirate Island

Bluedog

Landlubber
Ahoy there rapscallions, landlubbers and freebooters :blah:

I am having trouble with the main quest game, I am after the traitor Rheims, and the info so far has pointed me to the pirate island.
I ask the tavern keeper, she refuses to tell me anything, then some bloke outside comes up and tells me Rhiems has set sail for Conceciao(sp?).
Then we see two blokes fighting, tell one of 'em to back off 'cause old mate isnt resisting, then have to fight and kill him.
So far, so good.....problem is, all the doors are locked, I cant get in or out of any buildings in the pirate town other than buy using the 'fast travel' action thingy, I can fast travel to the docks, but I cant get back aboard my ship.
Allso, if I go and talk to the pirate leader/govenor, he says 'I cant load the text file assigned to me' or something to that effect.

I am using the build patch thingy, and find it to be awesome, no problems whatsoever anywhere else, and it seems only after the bloke has told me that Rheims has allready left that all the doors lock.
I've tried hitting 'I', going back to previous savegame and trying again, killing everybody, killing nobody, talked to everyone, no matter what I do it's allways the same.
Quest book updates and says to head to Conceciao, or in the case of having killed the guy with the info, it says I have to go check all the islands ( I am assuming Rheims is on conceciao anyway).

So, is my game just screwed up and I have to start another one? or is there something I can do to fix this?
Or am I missing something entirely, and theres something I should do/someone I should talk to before they'll let me leave the island?

Thanks in advance for any help xD:

Blue

I think you should download the whole build 10.1 not the patch. xD: maybe that should do it. :blah:

try going back to previous save and then hire either Nigel or Artois the two guys fighting then go talk to tavern keeper about Rheims :blah:

Thanks all for the replies .
I have the full build 10.1
Tried going back a couple of savegames and trying again....same thing happens.
Guess i'll just start a new game xD:

Well after you download the full build,it is required that you start a new game. xD: :yes

I suspect that you might have got an older download of the Build. Try downloading the 10.1 Patch and install it to see if it can fix a couple of the problems you've got.

If that doesn't work then try reinstalling te Build, you won't lose your saved games but it will replace any corrupt files you might have got.

If that still doesn't work then you might have to wait until the next version of the Build as the Vice City mod has got a couple of known problems when you first get to QC.

What's the vice city mod :cheers ,that game is a Grand Theft Auto:Vice City,well that game is great i hope the Akella's unnamed pirate game would be like Vice City style :yes xD:

Once you first arrive on the island, are you already locked in? If so, then I can't help.

If not, then don't go into the taven, just deal with the two fighting guys and then see if you can leave the island (and it might even pay to get on your boat and then back off again).

If this is all possible, then go into the taven, chat to the barmaid, chat to the guy outside the taven, and then see if you can leave.

It's onl a wild guess, but I think perhaps the two events (one being the fight and the other being the meeting) were conflicting, so try to deal with them one at a time and leave the island between the two events.

Since you've already installed the build, it might not be possible to progress anyway.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Vassal`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vassal)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What's the vice city mod [/quote]

It's a current modification to PotC where you get attacked in towns and in the tavern a lot more than in the unmodded game. Really sharpens up your swordfighting skills, but you have to be careful not to kill someone who hasn't attacked you first.

I'm having kinda sorta the same problem. Except it is happening to me on Falaise deFleur.

I'm in Falaise deFleur, I've just talked to Henry Peat who knows all about the BP. According to one walkthrough when I get out of the house "the man" will come to talk to me. We are suppose to go back to the tavern and drink and he'll tell me how to kill the BP. This is where it gets very strange. I don't run into Henry Peat.

If I walk or fast travel to the tavern (it's dark, it and the port are the 2 places open)I walk in and I get the verbiage that applies to the kidnapping quest (I failed earlier to rescue Lucas in time :p: :p:: ) I can get a room, but I can't leave (door is locked and there is no fast travel available). I can't leave the tavern either as its doors are locked.

If I go directly to the pier or walk outside of town (instead of fast traveling) I run into a man by the name of Gordon Carpenter. I supposedly know him(by the text I get) Never heard of him before. Only thing that makes any sense is what I mentioned before about going with the man to the tavern. But these are not the same men! All I can do is go to the tavern with him. I have no options to say anything but "sounds great". I can't even escape/get onto my ship. If I go to the tavern this way, I literally end up in the middle of the tables, walking through them. But that's all I can do. I can't walk into the "main" part of the tavern. When I walk in w/Carpenter I again get the part about the kidnappers. If I choose that I want to over hear their conversation I can not move at all.

Yes I've hit T and I. A huge bug in the game since I didn't rescue Lucas? OH! I have NK's 10.1 downloaded, (the whole thing)

Ahoy, Eliza Turner!

"the man" who comes to talk to you is NOT Henry, but Gordon, who you meet ouside the gates of the city - on the way to your ship. Don't worry about never meeting him before, personally. Nathaniel knows him from somewhere, but you as the gameplayer have never met him. You have to go to the tavern with him to drink and talk, and he'll give you some more clues and your quest book should update.

What *should* happen is that you will instantly transport into the tavern from the gate - and you'll be sitting down talking to Gordon.

If this is not happening, then there is something wrong (you may have a corrupted game save, happens sometimes :p:). Try going back to a previous save and talking to Henry again. Then go to the port gate and talk to Gordon. Hopefully this will solve everything.

BTW, I am NOT SURE that not rescuing Lucas has anything to do with the problems you're having, but I am reasonably certain it should not effect your discussions with Gordon about the BP.

Thanks for the info about which man is which. I was sooooo confused (easily done mind you :p: ) I do get transported directly to the tavern, but I can have no conversation with Gordon once we get there. The first choice of conversation I get is the conversation you get when your on the Lucas quest....Give them the sign, or ease drop on their conversation.

A corport save is what I was afraid of. I don't have an earlier save on this particular game, since I accidentally deleted the game prior to the one I'm playing (meaning the game I have was my backup.) :no:
No one's fault but my own. :p: :? I only over 10 million gold....... :?

;) 10 million! :cheers: Ah well. The new build is coming SOON and you'll have to start again, so <shrug> just chalk it up to experience and move on. It shouldn't take you long to build that kind of money up again! (take it from me who has started and restarted this game COUNTLESS times!) :cheers :cheers

Aye Catalina be right,I ran outa fingers an toes tew count so I'd be los'n track o'how many times me has tew restart ;) :cheers

Heck, when I got the original game and before I had the build, wellllll... I had to restart the game about TEN TIMES just to get through the tutorial and sailing to Redmond (with that d@mned "Oxbay 1630" in the middle of it all) !

The new build 11.0 is coming VERY soon - and will offer some greater challenges than before - I think everyone will be quite pleased...

Yeah must admit when I saw the total I didn't quite believe it myself.
Thought it had to be some error....but nope.

Am glad to read here and in other posts that Build 11. will be out soon.
So I'll have to start all over when I download it huh? Interesting.
Now I'll know all the mistakes that can be made -- N O T -- and just sail on through. :cheers

<`sniffle-sniff`> I miss my MOW - the "gub" - she was soooo pretty! I have one now but she's the tan and blue one :cheers I keep telling myself it'll be different soon... Heh... Never encountered one, never found one, and then the main quest was over! xD:

So I started again at the beginning - am sailing that little lugger. I really like the looks of that little ship, even tho she's not much for either trading OR boarding... She's kinda pretty, or actually the one I made is pretty... :yes :yes

LOL, What happens when u destroy a fort in the build? does the other side become Neutral? Because im planning on taking Douswen, with me 4 Manowars! la Nina, La Pinta, Santa Maria and The Sovereign of the Seas.

The "other side" goes away for a bit, and then eventually comes back and reclaims the island. You cannot "keep" the colony once you take it... xD:

Back