• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

stupid dummies

skeletor9000

Landlubber
i'm not sure if it has been addressed yet in the latest build, but is anyone currently working on/interested in working on fixing the horribly broken ship AI of your officers? it would be really nice to finally have some tactical play at sea. has anyone looked at the code enough to know how hard this would be? maybe as simple as copying some of the enemy AI? maybe just wishful thinking on my part...

Skeletor, to help your officers who are captaining your other ships, you must assign them appropriate experience points (such as repair, defense, &tc) and even buy and give them items that will enhance their skills. Now of course, it won't help to load them up with boarding skills, since you are the only one who boards, but I have noticed a marked difference in my fleet captain performances if I boost up the right skills (CANNONS, ACCURACY). Then they fire on their opponents, especially when you order them to defend your ship.

It's about the only way to do it (we don't have access to tweak *all* the code, unfortunately) - and it does work. Or at least it makes a difference. :( xD: :p:

Back