• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Succeeded to leave the city of abandoned ships - very impressive (and spoilerish)!

Handel

Landlubber
Succeeded at last to leave the city of the abandoned ship (my first visit there). Must admit it was very impressive! There were couple of irritating bugs but it was a very nice adventure. And am very impressed by the game engine too - the underwater diving was awesome! Spent 2 dives just to look around. After that when I swam at the surface was interesting to see through the water the outlines of some ship remains I saw when diving... Also the city itself was impressive too and fun to look at. All those wooden ships created a real live feeling...

Notice: Couldn't understand why I did not take all the people which would agree to come (when departing I saw at least two people swimming in the water). The corvette actually departed with crew of 14, not 15 as required. Strangely enough it arrived with 39:) Also don't know why I was not able ask to join the people who participated in some of the quests - for 3-4 of them to option to ask them to join didn't appear at all. Also the french barmaid and her boyfriend from the jail... pity I have no way to ask both to join so the girl refused... probably she was supposed to die anyway and the devs didn't care much about her...

which reminds me...

...I used a funny way to deal with Caspers clan. When I talked at first with the barmaid about the Caspers she mentioned not to kill her lover-to-be too close of the Capsers or they will raise an alarm... which is exactly what I did - started the fight then run to a good bottleneck and killed all the Caspers relatively easily. The best bottleneck is the plank between the shop ship and the Caspers ship. You fight only the first one and because the plank is on the bow the rest have no LOS and their pistols are useless (I tried 2 times to fight them on the plank between them and the ship were the date was but they have good LOS there and were killing me with pistols.

BTW - "The Dog of War" is bugged for me - it comes equiped 32 lbs cannons although I should must upgrade it in Bermudas to be able to use 32 lbs cannons. And I can replace the 32 lbs cannons with new if needed so the upgrade is actually useless. At the same time it is much easier (and can be done much earlier) to get Flying Dutchman so there is actually no need for this corvete when you get it.

Back