• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SuperMOD or K3_9.1?

Klund

Landlubber
I have just gotten a copy of this game (was waiting for it to have some issues ironed out before I bought it).

I'm wondering what the major differences between these two mods are and which you prefer for one reason or another. I can't find any lists of what each mod includes, otherwise I would not trouble anyone to ask.

Well, from what I understand, most of what is in the K3 mod is in Supermod. Supermod is in english, K3 is not, purely russian.

I believe Supermod is quite a bit larger, with a number of additional assets added, new quests and lots more. Its also still in development and gets fairly regular updates from Cyberops.

Thats just for starters. I'm not sure exactly what all is included in K3, but I do know there is a pile of stuff added and unlocked in Supermod.

You can also get info from Cyberops's homepage, www.galaxyproductions.com I believe it is.

Hope this helps some.

Cap'n Drow

Thanks, I found his website after I posted this and got to see what all it included. Downloaded all three updates and downloading the 1.1 mod version now. I can read Russian so that wouldn't have bothered me, though I prefer English since its my natural language, but looks like your correct in SuperMOD has more changes.

Now I'm simply sifting through the long SuperMOD thread trying to get all of the graphical changes by "TTT", though I can't tell which of them are included in SuperMOD and which even work with it...

There are some of Thomas's texture mods in there. But more of them need to be added I believe. Most of his work should plug right into the mod without too much difficulty at all. Most of his work recently has actually been aimed specifically at updating AOP/SuperMod.

Cap'n Drow

Which should be installed first? SuperMOD and updates or TTT's yacht/marine models? They both use the same files it seems so I installed SuperMOD first but not sure if his yacht/marine models are installed or not.

Only the british brig is in the supermod (still, it is going to change) And all others are on the ftp in my skinning map

I suggest that you install the supermod first, and then my yacht and marines (PS i have also ported kazeites pearl, it is a really nice ship)

The others will be added in time, not sure if it will be in update 4 but definatly by the time update 5 comes around.

How long is it before it will be released?

(PS, does someone know how to add new locations? I tried it to add in POTC locations, but no succes:( )

It all depends im actually waiting for the official patch to come out and get all the good stuff out and add it to the update of the supermod. Im also working on adding some other fixes.

And then there is the news that they are working on a new game already that is suppose to come out next year, and then im not talking about the Addon from Alexis.

So im not even sure that they are actually spending a lot of time to get this game fixed as it should be. In my opinion they are only ad it for the money and sell as many buggy games as they can, see it as a strategy sell a buggy game bring out a new game and people will buy it in hoping the bugs are gone from the previous game.

I think it's time where gonna kick some *** when we release our game.

I agree about the bugs...I got probably the oddest bug I have seen in a game for a long time. Every time my aiming crosshair goes red and I fire my motherboard beeps loudly every time. I'm hoping it's just a random occurance and not at a certain point in the game (I had just progressed past a certain story quest, a very hard duel).

I had deleted all my savegames except for 2 and both seem to be 'infected'...so now I have to start over, and I had just gotten up to level 13 and had a VERY nice upgraded Corvette with 15.95 speed and 44 turn.

I'm not sure at all what could cause this motherboard beep. I'm guessing:

a) some sort of key mapping problem, where the mobo beeps when multiple keys pressed at the same time, but this would not explain why it only happens when the cursor is on red and not yellow...

b) temperate problems, I have a great cooling system and I find it very hard to believe this game comes even close to taxing my PC, and again would not explain the same as above.

c) some sort of memory problem. Probably the most likely answer but I have not noticed any memory leaks and it would be a very odd one if it only effects firing cannons with a red crosshair and not any other aspect of the game.

<!--quoteo(post=174700:date=Dec 5 2006, 10:19 PM:name=Cyberops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyberops @ Dec 5 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]174700[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So im not even sure that they are actually spending a lot of time to get this game fixed as it should be. In my opinion they are only ad it for the money and sell as many buggy games as they can, see it as a strategy sell a buggy game bring out a new game and people will buy it in hoping the bugs are gone from the previous game.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This kind of post is not appreciated.

You are divulging trade secrets.

And Firaxis has purchased this secret too.

LOL... No doubt you are correct RLB, but if its a trade secret, its a damned widely known and regularly used one. **grimaces at the thought of all the bug ridden games he's bought over the years that never got fixed**

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=174737:date=Dec 6 2006, 06:16 AM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cap'n_Drow @ Dec 6 2006, 06:16 AM) [snapback]174737[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
LOL... No doubt you are correct RLB, but if its a trade secret, its a damned widely known and regularly used one. **grimaces at the thought of all the bug ridden games he's bought over the years that never got fixed**

Cap'n Drow
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Same here...in fact I bought AOP to play while I wait for Creative Assembley to make a patch for Medieval 2 Total War. And also have Neverwinter Nights 2 sitting on a shelf waiting for them to fix several issues with that game...

I always preferred PC games over console because of mods and the ability for the company to easily fix problems with the game. However I'm wondering myself now if I should go buy a PS3 simply because in the past few years most console games I have seen have been developed and more polished than PC releases. Seems some companies believe that because they CAN go back and fix things in a PC game with patches that its alright to release them in horrible states and full of bugs and/or broken features.

Havn't owned an XBox, all the games I have been interested in have been on the PS1/2. Does the PS3 have live patching too? It really be a shame if they started coming out with PS3 games of the same quality many PC games are coming out with, atleast a few of the PC games are still moddable enough that modders can fix problems.

NWN 2 is at least getting patched regularly. Every few days a new updated downloads and installs.

Cap'n Drow

I'll have to check the patch notes then. I was waiting for them to fix the companion issues. I got to act III but had a RP build wizard, quite weak defensively with multiple enemies so I had to rely heavily on companions and the way they built them in NWN, well they were very artificial but had no intelligence at all. Getting stuck in doorways, wasting buffs on themselves when there was only 1 enemy around.

They took the cake though when they made it so PVP was activated in SINGLE PLAYER on higher difficulties. So my AI companion would throw fireballs around, injuring my other companions, then after the fight they would fight and kill each other if any of them injured one another...

Well anyways, just trying to say how bad the PC industry has gotten in testing their games, AOP looks like a pristine game compared to some other big titles that have been released this year. Dark Messiah and Guild 2 are two others that I had to take back and lie and say they would not run on my PC simply to be able to swap them for other games.

Gothic 3 is almost in that boat as well. But I refuse to take back a Gothic title when I know Pirahna Bytes almost always gets things patched up nicely.

Great game, but various gameplay issues and bugs make it tough to play.

Cap'n Drow

Ah, how is Gothic 3? I have never played any of the previous ones but I almost got Gothic 3 instead of AOP.

Back