• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Surrendering with(out) a fight?

`Mailer-Daemon`

Landlubber
I recently got a job from the French governor at Falaise de Fleur to sink a certain Lineship off the coast. As per usual, as soon as I left port I was bombarded by two or three different pirate ships attacking the fort. I sail past them (they tore my beautiful new red sails, the buggers) and continue until I can `Sail-To` the lineship. I do so, and board it (Lineship vs. Xebec in firepower would have been suicide, the way I play) and the captain doesn't surrender. Fair enough, I'm ready for a fight.

Well, I get on the ship to see the pirates spread about. This is unusual in itself, seeing as how I'm used to starting both parties on their respective ships. I soon realize that none of them have swords, and that nobody spawned to help me. I proceed to slay them all, which none of them complain about. I eventually quit without saving after realizing that my reputation had declined steadily to Horror of the High Seas. Has anyone else had this problem, or know what caused it/how to fix it?

Yes, that's happened to me, too. I think it's a problem due to an unfinished mod you may have downloaded. Do you have any mods in your game besides Build 12?

Back