• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Swimming in COAS turns me GREEN

Surfmutt

Landlubber
I have a friend that is really sensitive to camera movements and complains he gets sick (dizzy) playing games like GTA, etc. Normally, it doesn't bother me at all but I do find in COAS (the quest city) I have to take breaks or I start getting queasy :yes

Especially swimming. Whoever design the upward and downward movement should be shot. And you swim so slow, I have to accelerate time and then it's just up and down so fast my brain hurts. :modding I can't figure out how to look left or right without changing my swim direction either!

Even just running around on the ships gets wacky. The camera circles around when you get close to doors or finish talking to vendors...and then its run from this mast to that pole with waves undulating and tornados dancing...this game doesn't cause epileptic seizures...it is one! :cheeky

Harr! xD: Try pressin' de Ctrl key whilst swimmin', then move yer mouse, to git ye a look around! :onya
Until de initial storm be settlin' down (3 or 4 game days?), de swimmin' certainly be a challenge! :facepalm

Mates, I always go to first person view by pressing the tab key. Then when you speed up time you go way faster than you do in third person view and you can see where you're going WAY better. :onya

MK

Radioactive water o_O
Yeah, When I saw the topic I thought it was about a graphics glitch or something.

I suppose some people can handle that type of movement better than others. This game isn't for seasick landlubbers.

Perhaps if you can grin and bear it, you'll get used to the camera movements.

Harr! xD: Try pressin' de Ctrl key whilst swimmin', then move yer mouse, to git ye a look around! :onya
Until de initial storm be settlin' down (3 or 4 game days?), de swimmin' certainly be a challenge! :facepalm

It did get much better once the storm settled...or maybe it was just this cold that came on. Anyway, <CTR> doesn't seem to allow me to look left and right while swimming (allows up and down), but that was very helpful while walking in the dive suit so thanks much.

Actually I don't get sea sick fishing on the ocean. This was more like dizzy from first person seahump mode with all those waves and lightening. Straining to look around to try to find a ship with a crack in it lol. TIP TO NEWBIES -- It's all the way around the back of the clump of ships if you enter from the Velasco. Don't think getting up on the ships will help you spot it either...just makes you more dizzy and confused.

I eventually made my own crude map of the place with the entrances/exits to other ships drawn on. Much more helpful than the expensive map the vendor sells, although I'd at least save-buy-look-reload the vendor map to make sure you got all the ships (the Defender I missed first go).

I eventually made my own crude map of the place with the entrances/exits to other ships drawn on

I might feature hand-drawn maps in the POTC : New Horizons manual. There's nothing like a personal touch eh!

Back