• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Switching nation question

BootstrapBill

Landlubber
Hello All

I was just wondering about the nation aspect of the game. If you start of with being English for instance and get a letter of marque, I know you can get a letter of marque from the french, which mean you will switch allegiance, right?

Can you do the same for the pirates? I mean there is not pirate goverener to be able to accept mission from?

So I wanted to beacome a full blown pirate with pirate flags on my top mast can that be done mid game?

Sorry for the silly question.

Thanks,
Gian

Hmm....no wonder it was always closed when you go to the mansion.

In a quick look of the files, seems like all the islands can have govenors but they might be disabled.

The Isla Mona gov has this:
/* at the start and */ at the end, perhaps this disables them?
Same goes for many of the other islands

I know the Guadeloupe island does have a govenor for a fact, and in the file it does not have the /* and /* at the start of the file for the govenor.

I just did a quick test of this, seems there is something else that needs to be done aside from modifying this file to get it to work.

Back