• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sword Play Help

BlackDev

Landlubber
Ok, i tried for hours to win any sword battle with Peter Blood.
There is Winterwood outside the start town and the guy at the weapon smith.
Even with the save/load exploit its IMPOSSIBLE to kill those two. I attack them with the middle mouse button (the hard attack), then save the game and then load it again -> next slash.

At the point i have no stamina, the enemy has about 15% health remain but the enemy HEALS faster then i get the stamina back.

i play on the captain difficulty, is that normal? and how the hack can i win any of this fights!?

You can try with the _mod_on_off. Open it, change:

#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE "on"

then press F11 and choose god mode

The enemy HEALS faster then i get the stamina back.

That's because the enemy is using health potions.
I find that practice and patience are the best way to deal with combat. Quite frankly the combat system in this game sucks major ass, but it does get easier once your character is properly leveled up, armed, and armored. Blood in particular gets a nice mid-range sword near the end of his introductory quest, so just keep at it.

I now managed it with the save/load exploit and only saved with the highest damage (28 and more every hit, normal i hit with 24 dmg).
i found an chivalry sword at a spanish invader later, now its pritty easy to kill an enemy.

but another question, in the brothel, is it normal that there is a "censored" on the screen and only sound in the background?

Ok, another question.

I smuggled a lot of stuff around the caribbean and have 600,000 gold now.
But how the hell can i raise the level of peter blood?

I killed a lot of npc (in the jungle, not in sea fight, sea fight is a bit to hard for my ship at the moment).
And i earned a lot of money, but all my officers at the same level as i hired them. and my character is still level 2.
The XP counter is empty and i get no ex by killing sword fighters or trading. so how can i level my char?
And i still got no points for charakter or ship abilities.

in the jungle, not in sea fight, sea fight is a bit to hard for my ship at the moment...
You're always on the frigate stolen in Bridgeton?
If you're on the frigate, you are penalized (the frigate requires sailing 80).
You must capture a small ship (brig or lugger), exchange ship, the frigate park (NOT SOLD: is one of the best ships in the game) and use the captured ship.
With the small ship you not are penalized.

With the small ship you not are penalized

I read this, i bought a small ship and one of my officers command the frigate. but i'm still gaining no XP :/

you have to kill people, sink ships, trade and your skills will raise...the skills only raise if you use them. the level gains...i don't know what exactly...if you click on a skill you'll see how much eperience you need for next levelup. which level is your best fighting skill? :ixi

My Medium Weapon Skill is 19, my Pistol Skill is 16.
I trade all the Time and sometimes fight the guys in the jungle, i'm still level 2 and have no point i could spend on ship or character abilities.

Keep it up Mate. Your skills will increase. One thing I do is pick out a faction I intend to be enemies with throughout the game. Then I pick one of their cities, preferably that has a cave. I anchor at an inlet and march overland to the land gate of the town. When you enter, fight all the guards staying close to the gate. Keep fighting until you're low on health or potions and then go back out of the town. Renew yourself and have another go at them. Repeat this until you get bored and then go fight the undead in the cave. The more you do this, the faster you will go up in experience. I've spent half a (real) day doing this to get my characters stats up to where I was comfortable doing other things. ;)

MK

yeah...lvl 16 in fighting isn't much...modernknight tactic is a nice one but you didn't have to do it(if you attack a nation this way after a while they will sent bounty hunters for you)...i recommend the hint from giocoso. go to a port controller an give the arabella to him. you have to pay bit for the service but you won't loose it in fighting because of stuipid AI.
with a right click an you navigation skill you will see which shipclasses will need which navigation skill. you should buy a ship you can control without penalitys. i prefer the caravel...it has much cannons and only need a navigation skill of 25 and with a it of luck (not the skill) you can buy a ship with much hull, good cannons, a good speed and a great hold. good values are over 3000 hull, 24 pounders, a speed of 12 and a hold over 3000. with 30 24pounders you can sunk nearly every ship with good winds and a bit of luck.
in my game i have such a caravel and i'm still sailing with it.(can handle lvl 4 ships)

but don't wait to long for such a ship...24 ounders an a good hold will enough for the beginning.

Ok, thanks for the info guys, here is the next question.

I played a lot of ingame time now and managed to capture a nice corvette. i upgraded the ship in the pirate settlement to the maximum an my problem now is, that this ship is a class 3 ship and my navigator hasnt rised his skill this high.

The question is: what is the best way to raise this navigation skill? he has made, dunno maybe one level since i startet the game :/

Ok, thanks for the info guys, here is the next question.

I played a lot of ingame time now and managed to capture a nice corvette. i upgraded the ship in the pirate settlement to the maximum an my problem now is, that this ship is a class 3 ship and my navigator hasnt rised his skill this high.

The question is: what is the best way to raise this navigation skill? he has made, dunno maybe one level since i startet the game :/
Solution 1: Search in the taverns a navigator with navigation 65
Solution 2. Make the quick and easy quest of the Blue Bird; the Blue Bird is a class 4, and is very better than a corvette or even a frigate.

Back