• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Swords in dungeons

Blas de Lezo

Landlubber
Hi, first of all i wanted to thank you all the work you have done for improving potc, its truly amazing. Today i have found a portuguese sword in barbados cave, my question is, in what dungeon/cave can you find the best sword?

I think people mention the Port Royale dungeon as having a good sword, though I've purposefully avoided knowing what is in there yet to avoid spoilers.

Near you you could go to the maltese crypt, dig in a treasure spot, and you'll get a french noble sword, which I think is a little better than the one you have.

If you kill natives in melee combat (they only have a tomahawk if they had the chance to swing at you once), you could get a tomahawk, which is 26-40 damage, 60 piercing, 10 blocking--great if you want pure offensive power. Also it won't degrade in weapon quality, and as far as I can tell it doesn't break.

Can't remember, really. I don't think the best weapons are generally found in dungeons at all.
The "Saving Toff Oreman's Daughter" sidequest gives you a pretty darn good one though.

Thank you Tingyun, I remeber taking that french sword that you are talking about but I dint had to dig, it was in the 3 level of the crypt I think I took it from a chest but Im not sure.

So where could I find one of the best swords? Is there any special seller who sells rare weapons? or can I take a rare sword from a peculiar character?

Port Royale dungeon:
Back-bladed sword

Speightstown dungeon:
Arabic scimitar

Kralendijk dungeon:
Arabic scimitar

Port Royale and Kralendijk also have the advantage of blacksmiths nearby so, when you've found the sword, you can get it polished up right away.

But the best sword of all isn't to be found in a dungeon. Get yourself a decent reputation, go to Kralendijk, visit the tavern, and find a man sitting there by the name of Toff Oremans. Have a word with him, be careful to pick the right answers, and he'll tell you his troubles. If you help him out, the reward is a really nice sword.

And while I was looking up all those answers, there have been other replies pointing you at the same sword. xD

Back