• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help system service exception when I try to run CoAS

Cynicalsoul

Landlubber
I heard it was a fun game so I just bought it on Amazon about 2 weeks ago, but heard getting it to run could be troublesome. I loaded it, and installed the Tages driver from their website, I tried disabling codecs with program called InstalledCodec as recommended in another thread, and nothing.

I click the desktop link to start the game and I get the blue screen and this message "system service exception and then goes on to say there was a problem with atksgt.sys" That file is something to do with the tages drive I believe. My computer then does something w/ crash dump and procedes to reboot.

I am running CoAS 1.3 I think, Windows Vista ultimate 64bit, Intel core 2 duo cpu 2.93 GHz, 4 gig ram, and a NVIDIA Gforce GT 520 video card. What could be the prob and how can I get this game running?

Thank you very much! I got it working. It's a miracle, lol. I loaded the tages driver you have there, and then went to download the no dvd patch, and the "wonderful" Microsoft Security Essentials deleted right as I dled it, so I had to uninstall MSE, dl the patch, reinstall MSE, and put the patch file (dvm.dll) on the exception list. I now have the game working perfectly with the GoF 1.2 mod also. Thank you so much, I've been waiting to play this for a long time. :onya

Back