• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tailor

Yeah, he was hard redmond tailor was hard to find...
Plus I had to reinitialize and leave the island and come back, before he set up shop...

BUG... :cheeky:

The ones in Oxbay,Greenford, and Douwesen do say Tailor but I'm a bit confused cuz all I found so far are just " skins" to wear. Exactly how does the armors work. I was told I needed clothes. So do I just hunt for a tailor that has a " skin " that has an armor look? And then I'll be told the type it is?

<!--`QuoteBegin-Izzie`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Izzie)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The ones in Oxbay,Greenford, and Douwesen do say Tailor but I'm a bit confused cuz all I found so far are just " skins" to wear. Exactly how does the armors work. I was told I needed clothes. So do I just hunt for a tailor that has a " skin " that has an armor look? And then I'll be told the type it is?[/quote]

To explain it technically: When selecting a model, i.e changing clothes, it's automatically checked if an item with the same name as the model exist. If it does it is automatically given to your character and also automatically equipped. The item is unsellable and will be removed when you change clothings again.

Scheffnow

(This was already posted in another thread.)

Sorry did a search for answers on this subject and other then the very brief you must have it was not explained, and still isn't, how I as a consumer can tell the quailty of the clothes I am buying and to which armor this set of clothes belongs to. I have not yet found any merchant that sells any armor so I was starting to think that now it is only sold by tailors and he doesn't explain what the clothes do, just what they look like. After reading over the item list I found a list the stats on armors but I can't figure out how this relates to in game looks since it all has some sorta of officer/soldier attachments to it.

If you can see armor, it is armor. There are no armors availiable at shops or merchants, you have to look buy it in the tailorshops.

Scheffnow

PS: Only tailors of specific nations do offer armors. Additionally better armors will be available only at higher levels.

Although I really do appreciate all the long hard hours that went into the making of this mod you really have to understand that a Char appearence is a very much a personal taste. If I disable this I lose 3/4 of the char selection of the previous wardrobe mod. The very strong emphasis on char lev that is this latest build is just not what I personally want to get into, I might as well play EQ. I pick fights and quests for a reason and just to level up doesn't make it for me. Perhpas in later builds or updates you will keep those of us that feel this way in mind and find more interesting things for us to do.

Maybe for a later update you can have leather armours for english and french uniforms? I feel a little deprived of my armour being an english sea captain.
:dio :dio :dio :dio :dio :dio
I love this damn smiley

please answer ASAP! im playin potc, and im waiting at pirate island for ye's so help me out please! ok, where is the tailor shop on the pirate island? is there ANY pirate tailor? cuz i coulda sworn someone said it, and i want pirate clothing!!! :?

really? THANKX MATE! so helpful like always! thankx! i give ye an extra ration of rum...no a whole KEG! argh have it there! :cheers now i lay me down to sleep...er, to play potc haha see u guys later! haha :?

I am constantly being informed by the log that an officer, when he is fighting, "slips by the armor" - well... None of the pirates I've been fighting LOOK to have any armor on... ??? I can't wear any armor unless I BUY a new skin? That stinks. :)

Well yes, it probably IS slips by *his* armor. But it's when he's fighting a pirate who is NOT wearing any visible armor, and my officer isn't wearing any either.

I liked the old armor you could buy and wear regardless of whether you looked like Nathaniel or Sparrow, or WHOMEVER... Is that really gone now, or do we just have to be of a certain level to find it for sale at the shops and merchants?

Seems to me I FOUND some in a sea chest on board a ship I was looting, once... But it was the heavy clunky stuff and I didn't want it if it was going to slow me up.

Back