• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

tales of the sea hawk

BlackHawk

Sailor
ok in tales of sea hawk..have sunk the black pearl but it does not load the finish screen..i just sit their..any ideas.... :piratesahoy!

Attachments

• black pearl.jpg
    black pearl.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 83
I changed the code so the final video only plays after you go to the worldmap. This was required to enable you to capture the Black Pearl without bugs.

OH DAMN! My mistake!

PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quest\quests_reaction.c find:
Code:
		case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss":
AddQuestRecord("Into_the_temple",6); // SA
// PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl -->
// DoQuestCheckDelay("Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2", 5.0);
Pchar.quest.Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2.win_condition.l1 = "MapEnter";
Pchar.quest.Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2.win_condition = "Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2";
// PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl <--
break;

case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2":
if (ENABLE_FLAGS == 1) iForceDetectionFalseFlag = 0; // KK
if (CheckAttribute(Pchar, "HaveArtefact")) DeleteAttribute(Pchar, "HaveArtefact"); // KK
bQuestDisableMapEnter = false;
DelEventHandler(EVENT_END_VIDEO,"LaunchMainMenu_afterVideo");
PostVideoAndQuest("standard\ending",100, "credits");
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("Danielle"), true); 
SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("researcher"), true); 
break;
Replace with:
Code:
		case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss":
AddQuestRecord("Into_the_temple",6); // SA
if (CheckAttribute(Pchar, "HaveArtefact")) DeleteAttribute(Pchar, "HaveArtefact"); // KK
// PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl -->
Pchar.quest.Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2.win_condition = "Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2";
// PB: Trigger video only on the worldmap to allow capturing the Black Pearl <--
break;

case "Story_KillTheFinalBoss_2":
DelEventHandler(EVENT_END_VIDEO,"LaunchMainMenu_afterVideo");
PostVideoAndQuest("standard\ending",100, "credits");
break;
I changed it to a MapEnter condition but that is actually prevented so you get stuck! Thanks a lot for finding that one! :woot

The above is a proper fix, but won't help you, because it's already too late. So open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;
Below this add:
Code:
Load your game and press F12 and then the story should continue as usual.

The console command worked, right? Good to hear. That means that probably the above really WILL work properly as a fix now. :dance

The console command worked, right? Good to hear. That means that probably the above really WILL work properly as a fix now. :dance
worked great..sailing around sinking everything i come across......... going to try out command and conquer story line... :piratesahoy!

Command-and-Conquer-3-The-Tiberium-Wars.jpg

:razz

The Master & Commander one, you mean? If it's free play you want, you'll like it; there's no story AT ALL! :rofl

Back