• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Tavern_2 from New Horizons

Myth

Freebooter
Good afternoon. I took for my mod model location "Tavern_2" from the "New Horizons". But after the transfer of the location I noticed that all the candles on the walls do not burn. Because of this, the location does not look beautiful. If I can add locators for characters, then I can not add locators to burn candles. I do not know the exact coordinates. Can anyone help me with editing locators for candles?

At least give me a list of coordinates for all the candles. I'll add the locators myself.

Last edited:
You should be able to extract the locators from the PotC location file using the TOOL, right?

The problem is that there are no locations for candles at all. I need at least the exact coordinates of the list. After I can add new locators in Tool.

Debager - F3 - not help is this time

The problem is that there are no locations for candles at all. I need at least the exact coordinates of the list. After I can add new locators in Tool.
They must already be defined somewhere. Otherwise they could never have worked in PotC either. o_O

Near door

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 216
In TOOL, load file "tavern_2_l.gm". Click on "View" -> "Locators". Or click on "Locators" -> "Write to File", and give it the name of a new text file where the locators will be written. For example, I've just done "Write to File" to "tavern_2_locators.txt", and the result is attached.

There are five "candles" locators, but they all appear to be on tables. There don't appear to be any "candles" locators on the wall mounts.

Attachments

• tavern_2_locators.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 155
Attached a text file. In it only locators for new candles are registered. Now they all burn. My good friend helped me.

Separately I advise: to swap the locators of the transition to the neighboring locations near the room with the street. Next to the windows on the second floor there is a door - it's more logical to make it exit to the street. And the door on the first floor is the door to the room.

Attachments

• Locators.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 145
I did not fully understand the lighting in the "New Horizons", but it is possible that the tavern lacks some light files.

@Myth: If I understand correctly, the file which I uploaded (text version of the existing locators of "tavern_2") should be edited and the entire contents of your new file copied and pasted in. This will produce a file with all the original locators plus all your new candles.

The suggestion about the doors also makes sense. If you're going to swap "reload1" and "reload2" then the "officers" locators "reload1_1", "reload1_2" and "reload1_3" will need to be renamed to "reload2_1", "reload2_2" and "reload2_3". New "officers" reload locators then need to be created for the upstairs door (which would probably be a good idea anyway, regardless of whether the doors are swapped).

I'm going to give this a try. There are two such taverns in PoTC:NH - one in Havana and one in Cartagena - and I have savegames in both towns. Which means next time I get to playing the game, it should be fairly easy for me to test the new version...

You need to open the locator file in Tool.

Then save the locators to a file. In the saved file, add the lines from my file, Then read the locators from the file. As a result, new candles burn in the tavern.

I have code in the game code that drives the old light files from POTC to COAS, but this tavern still looks terrible day, as there are no necessary files of light. I'll have to light it up again, which I hate to do.

Here are the results from testing in PoTC's tavern in Havana.

Original locators:
havana_tavern_old_locators.jpg
No candles are lit at all, not even those on tables for which locators already existed.

New locators:
havana_tavern_new_locators.jpg
The candles aren't all that bright. But they're there. Tables, wall mounts and chandelier now all show candle flames.

The attached "tavern_2_l.gm" includes all original locators, all locators add by @Myth, and additional "officer" locators for the upstairs door. Following @Myth's suggestion, the doors are swapped so that upstairs is now "reload1" and leads to outside, while downstairs is now "reload2" and leads to the room.

Attachments

• tavern_2_l.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 121
Just decided to show the result of the work in the last couple of days. The location has all the necessary light files for COAS. Locators for seated are exhibited for COAS
The lower door leads to the back room of the tavern. The door on the stairs to the room for rest. The second floor door to the street. I did the light, the script edits of the location. My good friend made it so that all the candles would burn. Beauty....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 198
Very nice! Any chance of uploading the lighting files? They might work in PoTC as well - by comparison, I've just imported one of AoP's residence models into PoTC, copying all the files, and the candles lit that room properly.

Does your locator file also include the "officers" locators? They're needed so that, when you enter the tavern, your officers spread out rather than stand on the same spot as you.

The location is completely working. There are officer locators for all three doors. I can upload the updated code and all the necessary resources. But it is more convenient for me to load on Mega. I hope it's not a problem?

Mega is fine. Some of the contributors to PoTC:NH do the same, especially when their files are too large to upload as attachments on the forum.

Three doors? Where's the third? There's the one upstairs between the windows which now goes to the outside, and one downstairs which now goes to the room. The only other door I can see is behind the bar and you can't walk there.

Back