• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Tenochtitlan Quest Bug

CarolusMagnus

Landlubber
Hello guys,

I have little hopes of getting an answer but the situation is as follows:

I'm running "vanilla" (meaning City of Lost Ships) City of Abandoned Ships on the Maelstrom Gentlemen of Fortune Engine and I'm doing the Tenochtitlan Quest.

I have collected all the totems (I'm a 100% sure the guy who managed to collect these without a walkthrough is insane) and I am in the progress of putting them in the according slots.

I made sure I had all necessary totems in the correct order in the inventory and went in the correct order to the temple entrances to put them in. Checking each time wether the picture on top of the door matched the first totem that comes up in my inventory.

This all went perfectly fine until the 8th totem at which point the interaction icon for putting the totem down wouldn't show up anymore. I loaded the save before entering and again the same problem.

Then I loaded an earlier save before I went into the 7th door. I went into the 7th door and the same problem happened there even though it worked fine earlier.

I have stuck far too many hours into that damned quest to give up that easily so I'm here hoping anybody has a solution or a tip on what I could do about this.

Thanks in advance!

I'm really desperate.

Good that you found a workaround.

I got your save file, and from the looks of things, there is a bug related the .show attribute of the totem items that can prevent placement in the temple locations; my best hunch is the acquisition of the items into inventory, if obtained via a chest or trade, that attribute is not set correctly. I implemented some fixes for that and it will be uploaded in the next update for all versions this affects (the bug is original COAS script code, so COAS, GOF, ERAS).

Back