• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Terrain Sculpting/

Harley

Powder Monkey
Hello, my name is Harley and i live in Australia
i just joined but i have been playing age of pirates 2 now for a while and love it, great game
i have used some terrain editing tools like the creation kit for skyrim, mount and blade editing and the cry engine.
I am not sure or where to start to use the storm engine but i am interested in giving time to help with this work.

if i you don't need anyone else for this i would like to help in brain storming ideas. I have over the time of playing age of pirates 2 thought in depth about what could be improved what could be changed/added and even it were possible
well that's it i hope to be working with you or helping anyway i can

Ahoy Harley, welcome aboard mate!

We always welcome any brainstorming or ideas, and it sounds like you have some very useful experience and skills to contribute! Just to make it clear though, Hearts of Oak will be using the UDK(Unreal) engine, not Storm. At least that is the plan as of now. We do have the source code for the Storm engine, but after a decade, we feel it has about run it's course, and the UDK offers more flexibility for what we hope to accomplish with Hearts of Oak. If you haven't looked through them yet, have a look at our development roles thread and see if you can find one that best suits your skills. If you find one that fits, please post in that thread and we will add you to our team.

If you are interested in working on the Storm engine, by all means you are more than welcome to talk to some of the modders in the Build Mod forums, I am sure they would love the help! We haven't stopped working with it, and won't for quite some time.

Back