• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Adventure of Sultane

Do you like it so far?

• Total voters

Lone Fennec

Powder Monkey
Today, I sit upon my throne of this new world... A ruler with no opponent, a ruler with no foe.
A Leader of countless battle ships, countless towns and cities, countless underlings waiting for my order, if i say attack they attack, if i say defend they defend... you just name it.....and I have it.

I started with nothing on this new world, i did everything to survive. I stole, I killed, I assassinated, and many 18+ things... anything bad that you can think of....I did. But history is written by winners, and I'm now a big winner, The Ruler of the seas, the ruler of the people, I rule everything under heaven in this new world...cuz I'm Sultane the great!

But how did i do it? How is my story like this? This is why I'm here on this Pirates Heaven on this amazing world called Internet to share my Glory and achievements with this big universe!

I started as a runaway from a big clan in my old lands, my parents died and I had no one to support me, so i was blamed for everything and became an outlaw in their civilized lands! So I became what they made me become! A thief! I stole money from the clan's savings, and boarded a merchant ship leaving for the new world.
It's a tough, uncivilized land... but i know, no risk no gain!
HufILOa.png
- I had the settings changed.

-winds will change more often.
-increased population lowest limit in towns and cities and that increased the difficulty of attacking towns by another notch.
-no cheats all real play.
-made it a more 50-50% survivability percentage after a death in battle(so it depend on your luck whether to survive and wake up in the tavern or die).
-Iron man mode.
-increased payment difficulty for officers and crew.
I was woken up by the rolling ship that made me seasick (my first time in a ship) so i went to the captain trying to ask for a better accommodation, but screw him he basically told me to fuc'off in a polite way
EKdHXZR.png

I left his cabin angry, annoyed, and what's more? Dizzy! But who would have thought i raging wave will hit the ship the moment i'm on the deck as if it was waiting to ambush me, and ambush it succeeded!
I only felt scared for a second overwhelmed the other! and nothing the rest!
I woke up to find myself in a shore, raging waves have probably brought me here. I still didn't get things organized before i heard the sound of something akin to a howling demon!, to only find out after i turned my head that "Fuc'Run!!!!!!"

5dz4aD7.png

I started running toward the only road in front of me! I run for minutes....hours till I couldn't run any longer! so I rested for while before i started walking again slowly trying see where this road will take me, i have nothing, no food, no water,no money, no weapon to defend myself with, heck i don't even know what land I'm walking on right now!
I kept on mumbling how my life is so unlucky and how it's playing with me, no...how it's bullying me. Till I stopped walking, "shit I'm screwed!"
WTFYtA4.png

Freaking bandits! But wait, they seem to not have noticed me yet....OK take a good breath, there are two roads in front of me, one is blocked by the bandits, I bet with the money that i don't have yet that it's the road to a town or something, the other road.....ks scary but at least it's not blocked. If i take a quick run when they notice me sneaking toward the road i might escape them! OK, deep breath 1,2,3 Go!!

I did it! thank this damn rain for the help!! I don't know where this road is taking me but I'll take nevertheless!
What's that? God it's an entrance to a town or a settlement!!! I already lost money on a bet before i have it!! well screw the money run!! For the civilized land!!
awNtrbw.png

What will be in the other side?? Nice people I'm coming! Food, Rum! This daddy is coming!!!!!

Yep, I also like writing/thinking stories when I find the time.

I am writing a Witcher storyline, that I plan to add to PotC, though no code has been made yet.

Yep, I also like writing/thinking stories when I find the time.

I am writing a Witcher storyline, that I plan to add to PotC, though no code has been made yet.
go for it dude! screw codes hahaha! as long as you finish the story the code can be added later on. I love the witcher, so better make it look nice! or else!....I'll let my crew hunt you and hang you in Tortuga!! Joking XD

I will do my best, as far as characters Ciri is in PotC (thanks to @DeathDaisy) and Geralt.

The Geralt in the game is FAR from finished, I want to redo it in the future, adding the model from the Witcher 3 probably, and not just retexture an existing model PotC model.

You can expect more Witcher characters arriving in the Caribbean in the future.

Thanks for the encouragement! :cheers

Last edited:
@Imad The Conqueror: Useful hint when starting as castaway - your only weapon is a few stones. Walk around the jungle for a while, avoid bandits, look for citizens who are out for a walk. Follow one of them to a road end, then exchange one of your stones for his sword - throw it, stun him, then grab his sword. And his money. If it's "her" instead of "his", grab her jewellery as well. But most importantly, get the sword. Now, when you run into bandits, you have a chance of defending yourself and grabbing their weapons and money. You can also try your luck in the various dungeons scattered around the archipelago - the denizens are generally less tough than jungle bandits, plus there's a nice sword hidden away somewhere in each dungeon.

I'm looking forward to reading the further adventures of Sultane!

There's a lot of useful codes in existing storylines. In questreaction.c.
Or ask - maybe we know it already and can save time for you.:onya
Once I feel ready, I will make a thread about the development.
For now I will continue to think about the story when I can, I don't have the time at the moment to make big projects like a storyline.

Thank you though! :cheers

Oops, I had forgotten about it, thanks! :cheers
Once things start I will post there about it, but this will have to wait for a while.

@Imad The Conqueror, nice story matey!
I'm really glad to see you feel inspired enough to be creative yourself as well.
Really curious to see the what comes next. :woot

By the way, if you are editing any code files (I don't recognise that dialog for example), please share it.
Even just small changes can add some new flavour to Free Play and give it more replay value for other people too.

@The Nameless Pirate, could you make a News post about this story on Facebook/ModDB/PA! front page/etc.?
I do believe it deserves some more attention. Especially once new parts are added. :treasure:

By the way, if you are editing any code files (I don't recognise that dialog for example), please share it.
Even just small changes can add some new flavour to Free Play and give it more replay value for other people too.
The only dialog I see in any of the screenshots is the one in "Screw you Captain!":
"I am sorry the ship's rolling is making you seasick, but we do not have different quarters available for you. Now please leave my cabin."
"Very well, then. Let's just hope I don't fall overboard in this storm. You could get into a lot of trouble with your employer if you lose one of your passengers!"
This is in "Robert Fletcher_dialog.h" and is the normal dialog for a "castaway" start.

Something seems to have gone wrong. If I follow the link from "POTC Gameplay & Tips" to The Adventure of Sultane I end up on a thread which appears to have 99 pages!
View attachment 36261
Clicking one of the page numbers takes me to the news section.
Because I promoted it to a news thread, if you want, I can remove the promotion and just make a different news thread.

Something seems to have gone wrong. If I follow the link from "POTC Gameplay & Tips" to The Adventure of Sultane I end up on a thread which appears to have 99 pages!
Could be that we've got 99+ pages of news?

The only dialog I see in any of the screenshots is the one in "Screw you Captain!":
This is in "Robert Fletcher_dialog.h" and is the normal dialog for a "castaway" start.
Ah! I completely forgot that was the default.
Even though I probably did that myself. :facepalm

Because I promoted it to a news thread, if you want, I can remove the promotion and just make a different news thread.
I would like to encourage such storied versions of people playing the game.
Making it more easy to find back would help a lot.

I could also set up a separate forum for these.
Maybe even tweak the permissions so all comments have to be approved by a moderator.
That would reduce the clutter for future reference.
There can then also be a discussion thread linked to it for people to just generally talk about it.

I'm thinking this also for @Martes' work.
Or even my own non-pirate VS Stories.

I'm not sure that "promoting" this to a news article does increase visibility. If it's now part of the 99+ pages of news then it's going to disappear when more news is added. Perhaps better to leave it as a thread in "POTC Gameplay & Tips"? Likewise, other gameplay stories can go there, where they'll be easily visible for anyone who wants to read them.

Back