• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Brig Love

BuriBuriZaemon

Landlubber
Hi all, this is my first ever post in the forum. I have been playing PoTC Build mod since wayyy back but only recently registered for an account.

Anyway, I'm playing as Peter Blood since I like the life of a corsair. My navigation skill only allows me to use up to Class 4 ships. While everyone here seems to love Brigantine due to its angled sails, by the time I encountered one, I had been sailing on my captured brig(s) to do delivery missions from shopkeepers. To me, brig is the most balanced ship to do both trading and boarding in its class. My first brig was quite speedy with top speed of 15 knots and turn rate of 48 and she was equipped with 24 pounders. I thought that was the brig I would settle down with, until one day I found one with top speed of 15.95 and turn rate of 49.50. She even had more cargo space (1900-ish), hull point (2800-ish), and sailing angle (3.42) than the first one. I named her Preserverance and she is still my primary ship although I have the Brigantine "Arrow".

Anyone else loves brigs as much as I do? And does anyone have one with even better attributes? I read about the brig "Queen" but I haven't had the chance to do the quest. Is that brig any good or special?

There are also brigs best captured in the game, primarily though upgrade in the shipyard in Bermuda.
But I think, class 4, the top is the xebec Blue Bird.
Here are the stats of one of the best I obtained:
Hold: 2211 (2653 UPGR), speed: 19.89 (23.86 up); maneuverability 64.12 (76.95 up); robustness 3256 (3907 up); crew max 301 (361 up), guns 22/32 ".
The Blue Bird Quest is very quick and easy.

Yep, brigs are awesome so are schooners in my opinion. You can have an uber brig already upgraded called the Sea Wolf-you'll love it mate. :onya
Unfortunately they are useless against class 2 and 1 ships due to low hull strength and inadequate cannons and crew...
As for upgrading ships before you take a ship to bermuda you can have a look at its stats and add 20% for each so you'll know how much improvement you'd get. :mm

Agreed! :onya The brig Queen is nice, but odd looking. It performs well, but is not as pretty as some of the other brigs we have. My favorite quest ship is the quest Corvette. Now that has some unbelieveable stats and is one of the most beautiful ships in the game! When I capture one or am lucky enough to buy one in the CM versions, I put it away with the harbor master and always end up getting her back out for solo adventures at some point. :yes

MK

Back