• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Cyborg R.A.T.

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I just ran across this new fangled gizmo, if this thing does half what it says it does, my crappy old Logitech mouse is a thing of the past! This thing is supposed to be available sometime in July. :woot

You can find out more about it HERE!

I just ran across an actual revue, this thing is a bit expensive, but it is made out of steel, so it is durable as hell.

It can be sort of hard to review gaming mice. Problem is, all the major brands pretty much have it down—they make mice with excellent sensors, responsive hardware, and a set of feature that’s rapidly becoming an industry standard. They might have a couple of extra buttons here or there, or a superfluous LCD screen tucked away somewhere, but it’s been a long time since we’ve seen something actually revolutionary. Well, here you go.
RAT Review image

This is the Cyborg R.A.T.7 from MadCatz. We’d seen early pictures of the mouse, and we had our doubts—to say it looked “gimmicky” is a bit of an understatement. Well, we’re very pleased to have been proven wrong. The R.A.T.7‘s futuristic stylings aren’t just for show—they’re a product of a startling number of customization options and features. We’re going to walk you through these features, one by one. When we’re through, we think you’ll understand why this is our new favorite gaming mouse.
The Chassis

Normally, when reviewing a mouse, one of the make-or-break factors is feel. Does the mouse fit nicely in the hand? Does it get tiring to use after several hours? Are all the buttons easily accessible? It’s an incredibly important consideration, but it’s also one that’s hard to be objective about. After all, everyone’s hand is a different shape and size, and there are several different ways to hold a mouse. One person’s dream mouse could be another person’s last pick.

The R.A.T.7 turns all that on its head. Rather than trying to pick a single shape that pleases as many people as possible, the R.A.T.7 is completely customizable and adjustable, allowing you to swap out parts and adjust differences until it fits your hand perfectly.

You can read the full review here :
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/worldexclusive_review_rat7_best_gaming_mouse_ever_0

This definetly looks like an interesting purchase. Unfortuantly it make no mention of the durability of the buttons. Every mouse that I have owned and failed has failed due to the mouse button (the left one of course) has either started to stick, or, has caused an instantaneous double click, which can be extremely annoying. To review that, 100's of thousands of mouse clicks have to be made, usually by a stress machine.

Tho all the features are great for this puppy, it will most likely fail in the same way that all others do, at the most used point, whihc is the left mouse button.

Yeah, I know what you mean FB, those little Chinese microswitches are crap. It'll be interesting to see some real world reviews once these things hit the wild.

Back