• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The end of Isabella quest?

Handel

Landlubber
I asked this in the "preparations for walthrough" topic but looks no one is reading it; so I am making another topic because this is important:
1. After the wedding the quest for isabella does not disapper from the logbook. So there must be something to end it; moreover - I read in the russian forum you get serious bonuses from the wedding and right now I didn't get anything besides complications.
What to do to get those bonuses?
2. After the wedding you must stop being a pirate. What exactly means this? Stop working for Morgan or what?

I asked this in the "preparations for walthrough" topic but looks no one is reading it; so I am making another topic because this is important:
1. After the wedding the quest for isabella does not disapper from the logbook. So there must be something to end it; moreover - I read in the russian forum you get serious bonuses from the wedding and right now I didn't get anything besides complications.
2. After the wedding you must stop being a pirate. What exactly means this? Stop working for Morgan or what?

This quest is crazy ( like some of the other AOP2 quests ) as My quest Of dear Isabella ENDED fast just because I was late getting to her house, yeah it reads "Quest Completed". I did not bother to reopen an older save for I figured she'd just take me for a ride anyway. And I hear she does just that. :modding

This quest is crazy ( like some of the other AOP2 quests ) as My quest Of dear Isabella ENDED fast just because I was late getting to her house, yeah it reads "Quest Completed". I did not bother to reopen an older save for I figured she'd just take me for a ride anyway. And I hear she does just that. :modding

There is a quest which increases +1 to one of the PIRATES stats. I wonder wich one it will be...

There is a quest which increases +1 to one of the PIRATES stats. I wonder wich one it will be...

I doubt that it is this one, but no matter I will not try to reopen an earlier save just to find out. I don't need one P.I.R.A.T.E.S. point that bad as it isn't needed for me to win the game.

I doubt that it is this one, but no matter I will not try to reopen an earlier save just to find out. I don't need one P.I.R.A.T.E.S. point that bad as it isn't needed for me to win the game.

It is Ascold quest wich gives +1 stats; but I still don't know which bonuses the wedding gives. One of the bonuses is to heal fatser when making sex... only the whores in the bordel are much more cheaper and you don't have to go on the other side of the Caribean... but the russians say there are more bonuses...

the russians say there are more bonuses...
Well I sure as hell haven't found any, the only thing Isabella does is blow tons of money. I mean, come on! She wants fifty grand a month! Okay, it's a big house, but she's still just one woman! Why does she cost more than a whole bloody ship of several hundred hands?

the russians say there are more bonuses...
Well I sure as hell haven't found any, the only thing Isabella does is blow tons of money. I mean, come on! She wants fifty grand a month! Okay, it's a big house, but she's still just one woman! Why does she cost more than a whole bloody ship of several hundred hands?

you are not married are you? hehehe :razz

wrong, isabella will give a free spanish patent to you. and everytime u get bounty on ur head, she will speak/sleep with the governor to pardon you. :rolleyes:

Code:
in some future mod, i hope  :roll:

Yeah, there is another ending of the Isabella quest. Everything was fine and charming. Sometimes she complained about me sinking ships, but I could always talk meself out of this. Then I decided to go for that rat-god totem. So I went to Marigot to see my favorite whore. After a while I went back to San Juan and.... found the door to Isabella's residence locked! :eek:ops
The log-book suggests you go to see here cousin Rosita in Belize. So I went there to reconcile with Isabella... well. Seems she didn't like me whoring around... and there is no way she'll be together again with me. Quest over *sniff*

I love this game despite its bugs and shortcomings. You have to bear the consequences of your own doing, and it's not always obvious when things go awry in the future! Brilliant.

Farewell Isabella, vaya con Dios... :walkplank

I am wondering just how the $#^&(*@ you got to this point? I've "married" her- and four killers show up. My Peter Blood character is 55 + 30 swordsman, which, after a dozen plus retries got me no more than one enemy killed for all the times my bride and I were slaughtered. I've tried protecting her- no way. I've tried running and gunning- they inevitably eventually box me in somewhere. I'm just playing at the third (from easiest) level, which has been more or less managable up to this point. Is there a fool proof sword combo that can wound/kill multiple enemies? Help! :modding

I must admit I play on the easiest level, because it's my first AOP game and I didn't want to be frustrated by an impossible hard game level. I play as Diego Espinoza. I will play a second career as Peter Blood on a more challenging difficulty level.

On easiest level there were 2 thugs in the church and they were hard but not impossible to kill. My advice to you is to try to bottle them enemies up, that only one at a time can come close to you. Another thing which may help is the Clever Shot ability and a four barrel gun, or the (*spoiler warning*) uber gun which you may find in Tenochtitlan quest, which also requires the clever shot ability (*end spoiler*). I read other posts on this topic. It seems nigh impossible on harder levels, because of the four thugs attacking at least one manages to kill hapless Isabella while the other three keep you busy.

So maybe this quest is best saved for last shortly before you retire and with you being very skilled and well equipped. Also Isabella is a though lass to please.

Edit: maybe the Berserk Ability helps here. I think the key is taking down the thugs as fast as you can...

Thanks Steelrat. I tried a few more times, as you got me thinking of more ways to possible control how they attack me. I got myself in among the parishoners, which apparently, got the attackers to come at me one at a time (I guess they had no orders to kill everyone: so much for "Dead men tell no tales";) Still they're all dead, but alas, so is Isabella- although, it really sounded like she was to have been very high maintenance! As was said earlier, though, the quest did not move into the completed quest file. I guess there may be more... :hmm

Edit: The quest subsequently did move into the completed files...

Thanks Steelrat. I tried a few more times, as you got me thinking of more ways to possible control how they attack me. I got myself in among the parishoners, which apparently, got the attackers to come at me one at a time (I guess they had no orders to kill everyone: so much for "Dead men tell no tales";) Still they're all dead, but alas, so is Isabella- although, it really sounded like she was to have been very high maintenance! As was said earlier, though, the quest did not move into the completed quest file. I guess there may be more... :hmm

The magic word is "perks". Obviously if you tried to make it at lvl 10 you will have hard time to do it; but once you have the most essential fighting perks it is easy job.

The magic word is "perks". Obviously if you tried to make it at lvl 10 you will have hard time to do it; but once you have the most essential fighting perks it is easy job.

What's "easy"? Only a dozen reloads of a saved game? I'll tell you, it gets a little wearing to listen to your own death cries many, many times- before finally finding a way through. :ixi

What's "easy"? Only a dozen reloads of a saved game? I'll tell you, it gets a little wearing to listen to your own death cries many, many times- before finally finding a way through. :ixi

Cuirasse perk + Elite fencing perk gives you at least 75% damage reduction (85% of you do pearl drivers quest and get the super-duper armor) plus 25% criticals (I didn't play for long time so I don't remember the exact numbers). Add to this the bersek perk (300 or 350% damage increase - don't know quite sure which is true) and the perk which increase the damage of the swing hit with 30% (forgot the name) and you will have very hard time NOT to win this fight. Actually without those perks you will have very hard time to get to this stage of the quest at all.
PS. When fighting the mummie boss in Ascold quest I twice made 900 points of damage so bersek perk is really extremely powerfull.

PS. When fighting the mummie boss in Ascold quest I twice made 900 points of damage so bersek perk is really extremely powerfull.
The damage calculations seem to be rather wacky for bosses. The god of death in Tenochtitlan has a ridiculous amount of health, but my crits were also doing a ridiculous amount of damage. I'd chip away at him, 20 points, 30 points, 25 points... and then a crit for something like 1500. Then 20 again, 30...
:shrug

Cuirasse perk + Elite fencing perk gives you at least 75% damage reduction (85% of you do pearl drivers quest and get the super-duper armor) plus 25% criticals (I didn't play for long time so I don't remember the exact numbers). Add to this the bersek perk (300 or 350% damage increase - don't know quite sure which is true) and the perk which increase the damage of the swing hit with 30% (forgot the name) and you will have very hard time NOT to win this fight. Actually without those perks you will have very hard time to get to this stage of the quest at all.

Sounds like I've got a lot of "perks" to look forward to :) I'm at level 26 or so, and have personally gained attributes 5 times. So, with three attributes just to into breastplate, and two more so I can shoot twice, there's a lot more to look forward to. From what you said, I haven't even begun to face real nasties yet, either. :will Thanks for your feedback, though!

Hello, since u already did this step, i am gonna ask this to you guys:
Have u got any tips (route, nation of the ship) to spot Salvatore's boat?
I'm talking about one of the latest steps, when , from Bermudas, u gotta move to Portobello.

I'm talking about one of the latest steps, when , from Bermudas, u gotta move to Portobello.

Are you talking about the brig which transport Isabella to Portobello and you must board it before reaching Portobello? Just when you are near Portobello (relatively near - in the port already) enter the tactic map and hit fast travel and you will see the ship.

Are you talking about the brig which transport Isabella to Portobello and you must board it before reaching Portobello? Just when you are near Portobello (relatively near - in the port already) enter the tactic map and hit fast travel and you will see the ship.
Wind is always against me.
The best i could get was in the middle between jamaica and puerto bello, which i believe isn't near enough.
Should i reload, waiting till the wind is fine?
Edit:
I completed the quest now, the fast travel between island helped a lot.

Back