• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The flying dutchman.

Luiz

Sailor Apprentice
Ive already got a discution with one of the moders (I dont remember who) about the Black Pearl being a ordinary ship. Ok, I acepted the fact that she was only fast and a quite good cargo hold, nothing exeptional. When I went to the secret shipyard at Isla de Muerte I checked out other ships and they are all better then the pearl :( . Including the flying dutchman, that is fast, strong, and cursed!!!! I think the dutchman should be a slow ship. Or, you should improove the Pearl somehow!!!! Thanks if u improved it ;)

We assigned the stats to the Pearl and Dutchman based on what we know of them from the films.
For example, the Dutchman has an advantage over the Pearl when sailing against the wind, but is slower than the Pearl with the wind. They perform like that in-game.

Plus, not all of the ships Vanderdecken sells are 'better' than the Pearl. The Empress is weaker in almost every respect, as is the Interceptor. The Endeavour is larger and stronger, but significantly slower.
The Dutchman, however, should probably be considered the strongest fantasy ship in the game, because that's what she's supposed to be in the films.

So even though this thread is entitled "The flying dutchman", it's really just another excuse for you to whine about the Pearl?
This is getting ridiculous. I've explained our reasoning well enough, and you still completely ignore it.
I suggest you appreciate what you've got, or keep quiet about it, because any further threads like this will be deleted. It's borderline trolling.

If you don't like the ship's stats, why don't you change them yourself? You can make the ship UBER-strong in a minute or two by editing PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c

This thread started with the flying dutchman. I sayid that was strong as the dauntless and fast as the pearl. Well replyed me that the dutchman was faster then the pearl when upwind. I replied that the pearl really sucks savvy?

This thread started with the flying dutchman. I sayid that was strong as the dauntless and fast as the pearl. Well replyed me that the dutchman was faster then the pearl when upwind. I replied that the pearl really sucks savvy?
Yes... that was already quite obvious and didn't need explaining. It doesn't excuse the fact that this thread was somewhat unnecessary.

Anyway, how about you take Pieter's advice and improve the ship yourself? You can make it as over-powered in your game as you like.

sounds like a good idea, and makes this thread valious for me then, she has acomplished her task to help me.

Back