• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Future of Age of Pirates

all these are great ideas and i was thrilled with Iron Roger Flint's response.Luke159 also had some good points as well that are very important to look into.looking at the future possibilities of this game gets me hyped up!i was also wondering how easy it would be to work with the Storm engine?im really interested in modding but would like to learn the possibilities of the engine like pressing a button to dive underwater and look at sea life or getting eaten by a shark or adding legendary sea monsters out in the sea for random encounters,maybe slightly rare encounters.and being called for mutiny by your crew is more immersive like the player falls off the plank and swims for a little bit until the screen goes black (the black screen represents the player getting tired of swimming and passing out) and a cutscene plays where the player is washed up on a beach somewhere. THAT would be a fun experience and very immersive into the world. AND maybe creating a couple new,undiscovered islands to explore with the possibility of claiming the island for yourself. ofcourse that will be made possible once we figure out how to claim any island for himself/ herself.

maybe sometime in the future with the help of this community and everyone who can contribute,the game engine could be greatly cleaned up and certain areas rewritten! i know its very difficult and time consuming but if programmers could get together and form their own development team strictly for the game engine,while there are seperate teams for models and texturing and rigging and seperate teams for animating all joined together under some sort of branch to make something happen.i mean something with the game engine,there are already plenty of wonderful things happening dont get me wrong!

Back