• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Golden Age Experience

Bava

Wannabe Shipwright
3D Artist
QC Advisor
Storm Modeller
Nothing really new, but I didn´t find a thread about this, so here we go....:

http://www.degoudeneeuw3d.nl/

A site dedicated to the dutch golden age with lots of rendered 3d images and a small movie. The pictures are great and give a nice impression of a dutch coastal city in the middle of the 17th century.

I´m in contact with the lead developer on blenderartists and he told me that the next step of the developement is the recreation of a small town called Hoorn. They´re using a game engine with Oculus Rift support, so it will be an interactive 3d experience. Pretty cool stuff, he? :)

Last edited:
Video recorded at the Blender Conference 2013:

Pretty interesting, especially the scenes form 15.00-16.00 . A real treat for the eyes :)

Wow that guy talks more than I do! LOL Still I hadn't seen the at sea footage which is a real treat. Thanks for posting. Maybe I will attend this one next year. Any info about their meeting schedule Bava?

MK

Nothing yet, as far as I know. But I´m registered at blenderartists and I´ll let you know when the schedule´s anounced :)

That's incredible! I wish we can create detailed towns as these ones, or even better!

Back