• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The HMS Agamemnon

AdmiralKoch

Master Mariner
Hello there, as some of you may have read in the other HMS Agamemnon topic, I volunteered to make the model :D

Here is the first screenshot.

Agamemnon 1.jpg

I won't be modeling the gundeck, instead I'll place dummy guns as seen in the original game. (This will allow me to use polys on other details on the ship :) )

This is a WIP, I won't be working on it 24/7 so don't expect updates from me everyday.

Looks like a good start!
Oh, and don´t forget to show us a wireframe from time to time, please. :)

Thanks bud, she's a nice ship and Nelsons favourite. Hope to see some pictures as and when you update us. :onya

Which 3D program do you use?

Uh, I´d like to know that,too.

And thanks for the wire, very nice poly flow! Seems like we did the same tutorials, the hull and the arrangement of edge loops of my latest ship almost exactly looks like yours. :cheeky

Yep, I'm using Maya.

And thanks for the wire, very nice poly flow! Seems like we did the same tutorials, the hull and the arrangement of edge loops of my latest ship almost exactly looks like yours. :cheeky

I stumbled on the idea while I was planking the HMS Diana (a wooden kit from JoTika).
http://www.jotika-ltd.com/KitPics/LRG/DIANA_lrg.jpg

What I did was basically just following the lines of the ribbands
http://www.glen-l.com/methods/mthdfg01.jpg
http://brunelleschi.imss.fi.it/michaelofrhodes/ships_design.html

But I would be lying if I told you that I didn't take inspiration from your model, it is truly a work of art.

I've always found it to be a bit tricky to model the area around the transoms and countertimbers.

Norske Løve? Thats a beautifull ship, I always wanted to model it one day. But given my recent experience with the Leopard, I will never ever try to make a vessel with more than one gun deck again. So kudos to all of you who make the big ships!

I've always found it to be a bit tricky to model the area around the transoms and countertimbers.

hehe, thats the fun part the hull, isn´t it? :p Just a few faces but very hard to get right, at least for me. I think I cursed more while working on this area than when I made the headrails.

I haven't got much time to work on this project, heres a picture of the cabin so far, you can also see some of the gunports.

Cabin and gunport.jpg

I agree, she's shaping up nicely! :onya

More Screenshots

Click

The reason for the insane use of edges around the gunports is to keep the original shape of the hull, otherwise you may get wierd kinks in the hull... some barely noticeable, and other very obvious ones.

This shows the finished gundeck, now I can finally proceed to the Upperdeck, this will be fully modeled and will probably take some time.

I can't find any drawings of the interior of the HMS Agamemnon, so I will use a deckplan from the HMS Belonna which was also made by Sir Thomas Slade.
The ships should be similar (Only the Bellona being a 74 gunner, and the Agamemnon only a 64)

Nice work mate. :dance
A deck plan of the HMS Bellona in the FTP folder Takeda-One available in PDF format.

Back