• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Luck Skill

TokyoBreakfast

Landlubber
I can't seem to figure out what luck does...can anyone name anything specific that luck does? Or is it like Luck in The Elder Scrolls: adding a little bit to all the other skills? I know that in PotC it had to do with smuggling, but there is no documentation on it for AOP

Thanks

<!--quoteo(post=177285:date=Dec 29 2006, 01:47 PM:name=Tokyo Breakfast)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tokyo Breakfast @ Dec 29 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]177285[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I can't seem to figure out what luck does...can anyone name anything specific that luck does? Or is it like Luck in The Elder Scrolls: adding a little bit to all the other skills? I know that in PotC it had to do with smuggling, but there is no documentation on it for AOP

Thanks
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The game doesn't explain it at all, but I think its really another skill altogether.
If you look in the characters_init.c file in the program/characters folder, you'll see a quick breakdown of all of the skills....

ch.skill.Leadership = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Fencing = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Gun = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Sailing = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Tactic = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Accuracy = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Cannons = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Grappling = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Repair = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Defence = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Commerce = rand(4)+3;
ch.skill.Sneak = rand(4)+3;

It looks like all the skills are there except for Luck. But if you look closely, you'll see something there that isn't a character skill.. Looks like the game devs refer to the Luck skill as "Sneak" in the code.... Its all over the place.

I'm not really sure how your sneak skill can be used in the game though......Does it determine how close you can get to guards before they spot you or something???

I'm not sure if this sneak/luck skill effects anything though. I'd be curious to know too because I always just assume that it is worthless.

Back