• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The man o war problem in GOF

Navegador

Sailor Apprentice
After having a grand time in my personal "catharsis of unchecked hedonism"... :ixi , I've finally started a national quest line and wen't with the Dutch quest line. :drunk

Had my fun and all, searching, exploring and of course also hedonisticly stealing, until...the briliant idea of the GG. :wp

Then I had a strange and frightening sensation, since 1665 up until1670 I never saw one man o war. :shrug Anyway, there I wen't to sea with hight spirits and all and the months passed and still no ships on the horizon, more of the funny frightening sensation and then...realization! :8q

In GOF ther's a huge amont of ships and even in military convoys the game isn't creating MOW's :flashing: :mi

So...I would be delighted if any fellow corsair or hedonist would chip in with any enlightened knowledge. :bow

There are.

Found a pirate squad of two 2nd rate MOWs (only, no more ships) and three dutch squads with first rate MOWs (two, two and three). The dutch squads were big: six ships First and 2nd rate.

Every time the game crashed badly. So save very often if you met some.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Pirates with MoW's? That doesn't sound right :mm As you progress through the game, the difficulty so to speak levels up with you, so where you saw almost no 1st and 2nd rates, as you level up, the chances of them appearing grows.

in my game year is late 1669 i posted at recommended settings for GOF that i saw 10 mowns in 5 years game time , strange is even when i had 100k bounty , the hunters in there often full squadrons had max 1 class 1 ship but rarely . its about that setting called realistic ship encounters which can be changed in game (mod options change then save and reaload) i did not even know that setting has to do with type of ship u encounter by the time i alrdy done 5 game years and gathered some nice mows.

best way to do it is to put the jolly roger and atack national punitive or military squadrons ( somehow the less shpis military squadron has the more chance there is spawning a mow
every time when it was 4+ there was mass class 3+ ships . so.... save game just before going into sea mode and reload if no ships u want are in that punitive squadron

since luke unraveled me the fact that realistic ship encounters can be changed in game i tried it and saw mass of fat ships moving on map like on vanila game but since i kinda alrdy got most ships i wanted i turned it back to realistic . its realy nice and quite real.

at the moment im having much more drastic problems as not being able to start the pirate questline after finishing fr gg (like i could in vanila game) and if anyone know something that could help plz post on HELP about pirate quest topic tnx

Stepped on some more last night. Heavy Man'o'War. At least one, may be two.

Can't say. There was a horrible storm, the enemy ships were far and I was seeing them very vaguely. But the one I picked with the spyglass was a "Heavy Man'o'War".

So they are out there. It is about luck and rank.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Well late last night I finally saw one, it was a strange encounter, a military convoy that was half beateng up, probably caming from a raid on a colony or something.

But still in 1669 they are rare.

HorrorOfThe7Seas! I tried the Jolly Rogers too, sailing and having sometimes 5 pirates after you is challenging, but it seams that sailing as a pirate the game generates more simple patrols then big military convoys.

Guess I'll try the realistic ship encounters. As for the pirate/ Henry Morgan questline I only try it after the english questline and I was given no quest, now playng as Dutch will have to see, but I remember a previous game that after the national dutch questline I could and did start the Henry Morgan questline, don't know if with GOF something was changed.

Officerpuppy I haven't seen pirates with MOW's but the Gentlemen of Fortune do sail 1st rates for sure, I've seen them my self.

buho I know, every time I encounter a big merchant convoy its hell to get to them, my game dosen't crash but gets reallyyyy slow, guess with to many new models that happens.

Thanks for help guys :cheers

hello friends
I found this "easy cheat" for having man-o-wars: Attack a city from the sea. crush it. before you leave, save. leave the city, there are one or two enemy ships ready for punishing you. man-o-war? no? load. a lot of man-o-wars seem to be sent out for exactly this: punishing dirty pirates who dare to attack forts ;)
What I don't understand is: my "man-o-war" santiago has got 102*48 guns, my "heavy man-o-war" has got 100*42 guns. :shrug

Back